Cocaine Valuing Over $127 Million Seized By Narcotics Police
Over 200 pounds of cocaine was reportedly seized by the Narcotics Police during an operation in Portmore, St. Catherine on Thursday, September 7.
At approximately 5:30 a.m., the lawmen attempted to intercept a Nissan AD motorcar that was travelling along the Southborough main road.
The driver reportedly refused to stop, sped off and subsequently crashed into a section of the round-a-bout along the roadway. He reportedly exited the vehicle and fled, dropping an object as he escaped.
The area was searched, however, the man was not seen, but the object he discarded was retrieved and was found to be a 9mm Glock Pistol loaded with seventeen 9mm rounds of ammunition.
During a search of the motorcar, four cartons with 92 rectangular parcels containing approximately 222 pounds of cocaine were reportedly found in the trunk of the motor vehicle.
The cocaine that was found reportedly has an estimated street value of $127,260,000.
Narcotics officers continue to probe the incident.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017