Cocaine Valuing Over $127 Million Seized By Narcotics Police
Over 200 pounds of cocaine was reportedly seized by the Narcotics Police during an operation in Portmore, St. Catherine on Thursday, September 7.
At approximately 5:30 a.m., the lawmen attempted to intercept a Nissan AD motorcar that was travelling along the Southborough main road.
The driver reportedly refused to stop, sped off and subsequently crashed into a section of the round-a-bout along the roadway. He reportedly exited the vehicle and fled, dropping an object as he escaped.
The area was searched, however, the man was not seen, but the object he discarded was retrieved and was found to be a 9mm Glock Pistol loaded with seventeen 9mm rounds of ammunition.
During a search of the motorcar, four cartons with 92 rectangular parcels containing approximately 222 pounds of cocaine were reportedly found in the trunk of the motor vehicle.
The cocaine that was found reportedly has an estimated street value of $127,260,000.
Narcotics officers continue to probe the incident.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018