Cocaine Valuing Over $127 Million Seized By Narcotics Police
Over 200 pounds of cocaine was reportedly seized by the Narcotics Police during an operation in Portmore, St. Catherine on Thursday, September 7.
At approximately 5:30 a.m., the lawmen attempted to intercept a Nissan AD motorcar that was travelling along the Southborough main road.
The driver reportedly refused to stop, sped off and subsequently crashed into a section of the round-a-bout along the roadway. He reportedly exited the vehicle and fled, dropping an object as he escaped.
The area was searched, however, the man was not seen, but the object he discarded was retrieved and was found to be a 9mm Glock Pistol loaded with seventeen 9mm rounds of ammunition.
During a search of the motorcar, four cartons with 92 rectangular parcels containing approximately 222 pounds of cocaine were reportedly found in the trunk of the motor vehicle.
The cocaine that was found reportedly has an estimated street value of $127,260,000.
Narcotics officers continue to probe the incident.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017