Cocaine Valuing Over $127 Million Seized By Narcotics Police
Over 200 pounds of cocaine was reportedly seized by the Narcotics Police during an operation in Portmore, St. Catherine on Thursday, September 7.
At approximately 5:30 a.m., the lawmen attempted to intercept a Nissan AD motorcar that was travelling along the Southborough main road.
The driver reportedly refused to stop, sped off and subsequently crashed into a section of the round-a-bout along the roadway. He reportedly exited the vehicle and fled, dropping an object as he escaped.
The area was searched, however, the man was not seen, but the object he discarded was retrieved and was found to be a 9mm Glock Pistol loaded with seventeen 9mm rounds of ammunition.
During a search of the motorcar, four cartons with 92 rectangular parcels containing approximately 222 pounds of cocaine were reportedly found in the trunk of the motor vehicle.
The cocaine that was found reportedly has an estimated street value of $127,260,000.
Narcotics officers continue to probe the incident.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018