Bolt Could Regain ‘Triple Triple’ Status This Year
Usain Bolt could regain his ‘triple triple’ status this year as an appeal case involving Jamaica’s 2008 Olympic men’s relay team is set to commence in November.
Last summer, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced that a member of said team – Nesta Carter was among 31 athletes who competed at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 that failed drug retests for banned substances.
The announcement came after Carter’s sample was found to contain the substance Methylhexaneamine during re-analysis in 2016.
In January of this year, the IOC officially announced the team’s disqualification, ordering all members to return their medals.
And because Usain Bolt was a part of the team, he is no longer a triple-triple Olympic champion.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has now revealed that Carter will challenge his disqualification by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on November 15 with a verdict being expected just weeks later.
If Carter is successful with his appeal, his vindication would also see Bolt regaining his status as a triple-triple champion – (gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4x100m events at 3 consecutive Olympic games).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019