Bolt Could Regain ‘Triple Triple’ Status This Year
Usain Bolt could regain his ‘triple triple’ status this year as an appeal case involving Jamaica’s 2008 Olympic men’s relay team is set to commence in November.
Last summer, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced that a member of said team – Nesta Carter was among 31 athletes who competed at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 that failed drug retests for banned substances.
The announcement came after Carter’s sample was found to contain the substance Methylhexaneamine during re-analysis in 2016.
In January of this year, the IOC officially announced the team’s disqualification, ordering all members to return their medals.
And because Usain Bolt was a part of the team, he is no longer a triple-triple Olympic champion.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has now revealed that Carter will challenge his disqualification by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on November 15 with a verdict being expected just weeks later.
If Carter is successful with his appeal, his vindication would also see Bolt regaining his status as a triple-triple champion – (gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4x100m events at 3 consecutive Olympic games).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017