Bolt Could Regain ‘Triple Triple’ Status This Year
Usain Bolt could regain his ‘triple triple’ status this year as an appeal case involving Jamaica’s 2008 Olympic men’s relay team is set to commence in November.
Last summer, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced that a member of said team – Nesta Carter was among 31 athletes who competed at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 that failed drug retests for banned substances.
The announcement came after Carter’s sample was found to contain the substance Methylhexaneamine during re-analysis in 2016.
In January of this year, the IOC officially announced the team’s disqualification, ordering all members to return their medals.
And because Usain Bolt was a part of the team, he is no longer a triple-triple Olympic champion.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has now revealed that Carter will challenge his disqualification by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on November 15 with a verdict being expected just weeks later.
If Carter is successful with his appeal, his vindication would also see Bolt regaining his status as a triple-triple champion – (gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4x100m events at 3 consecutive Olympic games).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018