Bolt Could Regain ‘Triple Triple’ Status This Year
Usain Bolt could regain his ‘triple triple’ status this year as an appeal case involving Jamaica’s 2008 Olympic men’s relay team is set to commence in November.
Last summer, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced that a member of said team – Nesta Carter was among 31 athletes who competed at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 that failed drug retests for banned substances.
The announcement came after Carter’s sample was found to contain the substance Methylhexaneamine during re-analysis in 2016.
In January of this year, the IOC officially announced the team’s disqualification, ordering all members to return their medals.
And because Usain Bolt was a part of the team, he is no longer a triple-triple Olympic champion.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has now revealed that Carter will challenge his disqualification by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on November 15 with a verdict being expected just weeks later.
If Carter is successful with his appeal, his vindication would also see Bolt regaining his status as a triple-triple champion – (gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4x100m events at 3 consecutive Olympic games).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018