Bolt Could Regain ‘Triple Triple’ Status This Year
Usain Bolt could regain his ‘triple triple’ status this year as an appeal case involving Jamaica’s 2008 Olympic men’s relay team is set to commence in November.
Last summer, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced that a member of said team – Nesta Carter was among 31 athletes who competed at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 that failed drug retests for banned substances.
The announcement came after Carter’s sample was found to contain the substance Methylhexaneamine during re-analysis in 2016.
In January of this year, the IOC officially announced the team’s disqualification, ordering all members to return their medals.
And because Usain Bolt was a part of the team, he is no longer a triple-triple Olympic champion.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has now revealed that Carter will challenge his disqualification by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on November 15 with a verdict being expected just weeks later.
If Carter is successful with his appeal, his vindication would also see Bolt regaining his status as a triple-triple champion – (gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4x100m events at 3 consecutive Olympic games).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017
- Bodies Of Couple Found In Decomposed State In Ocho Rios - October 13, 2017