Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League
Jamaica’s double Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson comfortably won the women’s 100m race at the Birmingham leg of the Diamond League series today.
Thompson ran 10.93 into a 1.2 m/s headwind to beat Marie-Josee Ta Lou of the Ivory Coast who clocked 10.97.
Thompson’s compatriot Jura Levy finished third in a time of 11.08.
This was her first race since losing at the recently concluded London World Championships, however she maintains her unbeaten in the Diamond League.
Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers finished sixth with a time of 11.22.
Earlier this month, Thompson suffered a shock defeat at the IAAF World Championships in London when she was forced to settle for a fifth place finish. Thompson clocked 10.98 in that race which was won by the American athlete Torie Bowie (10.85).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018