Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League
Jamaica’s double Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson comfortably won the women’s 100m race at the Birmingham leg of the Diamond League series today.
Thompson ran 10.93 into a 1.2 m/s headwind to beat Marie-Josee Ta Lou of the Ivory Coast who clocked 10.97.
Thompson’s compatriot Jura Levy finished third in a time of 11.08.
This was her first race since losing at the recently concluded London World Championships, however she maintains her unbeaten in the Diamond League.
Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers finished sixth with a time of 11.22.
Earlier this month, Thompson suffered a shock defeat at the IAAF World Championships in London when she was forced to settle for a fifth place finish. Thompson clocked 10.98 in that race which was won by the American athlete Torie Bowie (10.85).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017