Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League
Jamaica’s double Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson comfortably won the women’s 100m race at the Birmingham leg of the Diamond League series today.
Thompson ran 10.93 into a 1.2 m/s headwind to beat Marie-Josee Ta Lou of the Ivory Coast who clocked 10.97.
Thompson’s compatriot Jura Levy finished third in a time of 11.08.
This was her first race since losing at the recently concluded London World Championships, however she maintains her unbeaten in the Diamond League.
Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers finished sixth with a time of 11.22.
Earlier this month, Thompson suffered a shock defeat at the IAAF World Championships in London when she was forced to settle for a fifth place finish. Thompson clocked 10.98 in that race which was won by the American athlete Torie Bowie (10.85).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018