Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League
Jamaica’s double Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson comfortably won the women’s 100m race at the Birmingham leg of the Diamond League series today.
Thompson ran 10.93 into a 1.2 m/s headwind to beat Marie-Josee Ta Lou of the Ivory Coast who clocked 10.97.
Thompson’s compatriot Jura Levy finished third in a time of 11.08.
This was her first race since losing at the recently concluded London World Championships, however she maintains her unbeaten in the Diamond League.
Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers finished sixth with a time of 11.22.
Earlier this month, Thompson suffered a shock defeat at the IAAF World Championships in London when she was forced to settle for a fifth place finish. Thompson clocked 10.98 in that race which was won by the American athlete Torie Bowie (10.85).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017