Elaine Thompson to Face Schippers In 200m Today
Jamaica’s double-Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson will face rivals Dafne Schippers, Shaunae Miller-Uibo, and Marie-Josee Ta Lou over 200-metres today at the Zurich Diamond League.
The event takes place at the Letzigrund Stadium at 1:34 pm (local time) and will be her final 200m of the track season.
Decent winnings are at stake for Thompson as the winner at the final of each Diamond Discipline earns the title “IAAF Diamond League Champion” and receives a Diamond Trophy, plus USD 50,000 prize money.
FINALS – Prize Money
Asafa Powell will also be in action in the men’s 100m event which will also feature the American athlete Justin Gatlin.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017