Cocaine Valued At Over $101M Seized By Narcotics Police
Nearly 200 pounds of cocaine were recently seized by narcotics police at the Kingston Container Terminal (KCT).
The cocaine, which weighed 187 pounds is estimated to have a street value of over 101 million JMD.
On Monday afternoon, narcotics cops along with customs agents reportedly conducted cargo examinations at the KCT.
During the examination of a 40 ft container, five leather bags were discovered. The bags reportedly had 78 parcels each containing white powdery substance resembling cocaine.
Reports suggest that the container, which was also loaded with a shipment of rice destined for a local distributor, transited Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic from Guyana on its way to Jamaica.
The Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) shared the following image:
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017