Cocaine Valued At Over $101M Seized By Narcotics Police
Nearly 200 pounds of cocaine were recently seized by narcotics police at the Kingston Container Terminal (KCT).
The cocaine, which weighed 187 pounds is estimated to have a street value of over 101 million JMD.
On Monday afternoon, narcotics cops along with customs agents reportedly conducted cargo examinations at the KCT.
During the examination of a 40 ft container, five leather bags were discovered. The bags reportedly had 78 parcels each containing white powdery substance resembling cocaine.
Reports suggest that the container, which was also loaded with a shipment of rice destined for a local distributor, transited Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic from Guyana on its way to Jamaica.
The Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) shared the following image:
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017