Cocaine Valued At Over $101M Seized By Narcotics Police
Nearly 200 pounds of cocaine were recently seized by narcotics police at the Kingston Container Terminal (KCT).
The cocaine, which weighed 187 pounds is estimated to have a street value of over 101 million JMD.
On Monday afternoon, narcotics cops along with customs agents reportedly conducted cargo examinations at the KCT.
During the examination of a 40 ft container, five leather bags were discovered. The bags reportedly had 78 parcels each containing white powdery substance resembling cocaine.
Reports suggest that the container, which was also loaded with a shipment of rice destined for a local distributor, transited Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic from Guyana on its way to Jamaica.
The Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) shared the following image:
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018