American Athlete Finishes Ahead of Bolt in Semifinals At World Championships
Jamaica’s Usain Bolt booked a spot in the men’s 100-metre final at the IAAF World Championships in London today.
Bolt finished second in his semi-final heat with a time of 9.98 behind the USA’s Christian Coleman who clocked 9.97.
A slow start forced Bolt to play some catch up, but the world’s fastest man shifted into higher gear before easing off the throttle to cross the line just .01 seconds behind the American.
His compatriot Yohan Blake also booked a spot in the final with a comfortable 10.04 win in his heat.
Julian Forte failed to advance from his heat after clocking 10.13 to finish fourth.
The final takes place later today (August 5) at 3:45 pm local time.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018
- Pregnant Woman Killed In Vicious Gun Attack In Portland - July 2, 2018