American Athlete Finishes Ahead of Bolt in Semifinals At World Championships
Jamaica’s Usain Bolt booked a spot in the men’s 100-metre final at the IAAF World Championships in London today.
Bolt finished second in his semi-final heat with a time of 9.98 behind the USA’s Christian Coleman who clocked 9.97.
A slow start forced Bolt to play some catch up, but the world’s fastest man shifted into higher gear before easing off the throttle to cross the line just .01 seconds behind the American.
His compatriot Yohan Blake also booked a spot in the final with a comfortable 10.04 win in his heat.
Julian Forte failed to advance from his heat after clocking 10.13 to finish fourth.
The final takes place later today (August 5) at 3:45 pm local time.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Toddler Goes Missing In Westmoreland - February 25, 2018
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018