Mello FM Takes Over Hot 102 FM
Mello FM radio has reportedly acquired Hot 102 FM radio in a bid to produce the island’s second largest radio group.
Mello FM’s founder and CEO, Al Robinson, recently said via a statement that the Broadcasting Commission had granted approval for Cornwall Broadcasting Company Limited, owners and operators of Mello FM, to take over the management and control of Western Broadcasting Services Limited, which operates Hot 102 FM.
He also said the move will make Cornwall Broadcasting the second largest radio group in Jamaica, with a total of three radio stations.
Western Broadcasting Services Limited is owned by Ken Williams.
The Broadcasting Commission has reportedly stipulated that, with the new acquisition, Cornwall Broadcasting must provide coverage to 90 per cent of the island within six months.
The company’s third radio station, RIDDIM 96 FM, is to be operated from Mello FM Headquarters in Montego Bay. It will be operated on a 100 per cent reggae format.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017