Mello FM Takes Over Hot 102 FM
Mello FM radio has reportedly acquired Hot 102 FM radio in a bid to produce the island’s second largest radio group.
Mello FM’s founder and CEO, Al Robinson, recently said via a statement that the Broadcasting Commission had granted approval for Cornwall Broadcasting Company Limited, owners and operators of Mello FM, to take over the management and control of Western Broadcasting Services Limited, which operates Hot 102 FM.
He also said the move will make Cornwall Broadcasting the second largest radio group in Jamaica, with a total of three radio stations.
Western Broadcasting Services Limited is owned by Ken Williams.
The Broadcasting Commission has reportedly stipulated that, with the new acquisition, Cornwall Broadcasting must provide coverage to 90 per cent of the island within six months.
The company’s third radio station, RIDDIM 96 FM, is to be operated from Mello FM Headquarters in Montego Bay. It will be operated on a 100 per cent reggae format.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018