Karl Samuda Crossed the Line
The Jamaica Empowerment Network (JEN) condemns Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries, Karl Samuda, for calling a young member of Parliament a “piece of sh*t,” and making other denigrating and insulting remarks within the confines of Gordon House.
Mr Samuda, is not only a Senior Minister but has been in Parliament for a very long time, and should be well acquainted with the standing orders which clearly outline the type of behavior required in the honourable House.
Dr. Dayton Campbell raised certain issues which concern not only him as the Shadow Minister for Agriculture but the Jamaican people in general.
The concerns about the importation of milk powder and the improper use of public resources are justified and in the public interest.
The abusive, rude and common way in which Mr. Samuda responded to Dr Campbell’s concerns is downright despicable, unacceptable and unbecoming of one holding such a high office.
We believe that the matters raised must be investigated, in particular the alleged use of resources meant for dairy farmers and a full report made to the Parliament.
However, even before any investigation commences, we demand that a full and public apology be made to Dr. Dayton Campbell, the Speaker of the House, the Honourable Pearnel Charles, Parliamentarians and the people of Jamaica for the gross disrespect shown to them by Mr. Samuda.
If the investigations find that Mr. Samuda abused his position and benefited from resources that should have gone to farmers, Prime Minister Andrew Holness must act decisively and relieve him of his position as Minister.
By Jamaica Empowerment Network – Email feedback to [email protected]
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaican Reggae & Dancehall Artistes Pricing Themselves Out Of Work - November 19, 2017
- National Identification System– A Sellout By the JLP Government - November 17, 2017
- Are Jamaican Women Reckless With Sex Or In Bondage As Sex Slaves? - November 12, 2017
- ZOSO Opportunity – A New Anthem - November 4, 2017
- Can Locals Reap The Benefits Of Tourism In Jamaica? - October 24, 2017
- Out Of Many One People? The Imbalance Of Race In Jamaica - August 1, 2017
- Should Prisoners Be Allowed Conjugal Visits? - July 30, 2017
- Top Ten Reasons Why Jamaica is the Best Place for a Destination Wedding - July 27, 2017
- Jamaica Film Industry Needs Garveyism, Rastafari & Reggae - July 27, 2017
- Can We Legislate Sexual Morality? - July 24, 2017