Flight From Jamaica To Toronto Diverted After Passenger Allegedly Attempts To Open Cabin Door
An Air Canada flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica to Toronto was reportedly diverted to Orlando, Florida on Monday after a passenger became aggressive, attacked the crew and attempted to open the cabin door.
A federal criminal complaint states the man, who has been identified as Brandon Michael Courneyea, had to be secured in his seat by crew members and other passengers using zip ties.
The man allegedly also stated that “it would only take one guy to take the plane down and that he wanted to take everyone with him.”
According to CTV News, a passenger on the flight stated that that the man was initially sitting in first class but was brought to the back of the plane after he started throwing items around. She said the flight crew offered him an iPad to watch the entertainment channel free of charge.
He then reportedly swung another coffee pot before he ran to the cabin’s rear exit door and tried to use the lever to open the door.
After being escorted off the aircraft by authorities in Orlando, Brandon Michael Courneyea was reportedly arrested by federal agents and faces several charges.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018