Flight From Jamaica To Toronto Diverted After Passenger Allegedly Attempts To Open Cabin Door
An Air Canada flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica to Toronto was reportedly diverted to Orlando, Florida on Monday after a passenger became aggressive, attacked the crew and attempted to open the cabin door.
A federal criminal complaint states the man, who has been identified as Brandon Michael Courneyea, had to be secured in his seat by crew members and other passengers using zip ties.
The man allegedly also stated that “it would only take one guy to take the plane down and that he wanted to take everyone with him.”
According to CTV News, a passenger on the flight stated that that the man was initially sitting in first class but was brought to the back of the plane after he started throwing items around. She said the flight crew offered him an iPad to watch the entertainment channel free of charge.
He then reportedly swung another coffee pot before he ran to the cabin’s rear exit door and tried to use the lever to open the door.
After being escorted off the aircraft by authorities in Orlando, Brandon Michael Courneyea was reportedly arrested by federal agents and faces several charges.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018