Flight From Jamaica To Toronto Diverted After Passenger Allegedly Attempts To Open Cabin Door
An Air Canada flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica to Toronto was reportedly diverted to Orlando, Florida on Monday after a passenger became aggressive, attacked the crew and attempted to open the cabin door.
A federal criminal complaint states the man, who has been identified as Brandon Michael Courneyea, had to be secured in his seat by crew members and other passengers using zip ties.
The man allegedly also stated that “it would only take one guy to take the plane down and that he wanted to take everyone with him.”
According to CTV News, a passenger on the flight stated that that the man was initially sitting in first class but was brought to the back of the plane after he started throwing items around. She said the flight crew offered him an iPad to watch the entertainment channel free of charge.
He then reportedly swung another coffee pot before he ran to the cabin’s rear exit door and tried to use the lever to open the door.
After being escorted off the aircraft by authorities in Orlando, Brandon Michael Courneyea was reportedly arrested by federal agents and faces several charges.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017