Asafa Powell Now a Guinness World Record Holder
Jamaica’s Official ‘Sub-10 King!’
It’s Official! Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell, has entered the Guinness World Record Book.
The Guinness Book of World Records recently named Powell – the current record holder for the most competitive 100m sprint races completed in sub-10 seconds.
Powell, who is now 34 years of age, is a two-time world championship 100m bronze medallist and a former world record holder.
Commonly referred to as the ‘Sub-10-King’, Powell now boasts 97 100m runs under 10 seconds.
He registered his 97th sub-10 clocking (9.94 seconds) last year in an IAAF Diamond League race in Zurich.
He will have an opportunity to increase that number to 98 at the upcoming IAAF Diamond League in Doha, Qatar on May 5.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019