Asafa Powell Now a Guinness World Record Holder
Jamaica’s Official ‘Sub-10 King!’
It’s Official! Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell, has entered the Guinness World Record Book.
The Guinness Book of World Records recently named Powell – the current record holder for the most competitive 100m sprint races completed in sub-10 seconds.
Powell, who is now 34 years of age, is a two-time world championship 100m bronze medallist and a former world record holder.
Commonly referred to as the ‘Sub-10-King’, Powell now boasts 97 100m runs under 10 seconds.
He registered his 97th sub-10 clocking (9.94 seconds) last year in an IAAF Diamond League race in Zurich.
He will have an opportunity to increase that number to 98 at the upcoming IAAF Diamond League in Doha, Qatar on May 5.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019