Buju Banton to Get Early Release From Prison
Buju to Leave Prison Next Year!
According to United States prison records, the currently incarcerated reggae singer Buju Banton is scheduled to be released from prison on December 8, 2018.
The entertainer was previously slated to be released in 2019 after receiving a 10-year mandatory sentence in 2009 on cocaine charges.
He is being held at McRae Correctional Facility in the US state of Georgia.
In 2015 the United States Justice Department revealed that it would be granting approximately 6,600 inmates an early release from prison in an attempt to minimise overcrowding and provide relief to drug offenders who received harsh sentences.
During that same year, the entertainer stated that he would seek no further appeals, while the US Attorney’s Office announced it would be dismissing a firearms charge against the singer.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamaica Ranked 12th in List of Top Travel Destinations Globally, 1st in Caribbean - March 25, 2017
- BREAKING: 3 Business Operators Killed in Hanover - March 25, 2017
- Dutch Football Great Van Nistelrooy Visits Jamaica, Bigs Up Bolt (VIDEO) - March 25, 2017
- Elderly Business Woman Reportedly Chopped to Death in St Andrew - March 24, 2017
- Police Officer Dies After Car Runs Into Parked Truck - March 24, 2017
- Hundreds of Travelers Denied Entry into Jamaica - March 24, 2017
- Trump Inauguration Performer Heading to Jamaica For Easter - March 24, 2017
- Prominent Houston Surgeon of Jamaican Parentage Killed in Murder-Suicide (VIDEO) - March 23, 2017
- Opposition Storms Out of Parliament - March 23, 2017
- Corporal Punishment to Be Made Illegal in Schools Islandwide - March 22, 2017