Buju Banton to Get Early Release From Prison
Buju to Leave Prison Next Year!
According to United States prison records, the currently incarcerated reggae singer Buju Banton is scheduled to be released from prison on December 8, 2018.
The entertainer was previously slated to be released in 2019 after receiving a 10-year mandatory sentence in 2009 on cocaine charges.
He is being held at McRae Correctional Facility in the US state of Georgia.
In 2015 the United States Justice Department revealed that it would be granting approximately 6,600 inmates an early release from prison in an attempt to minimise overcrowding and provide relief to drug offenders who received harsh sentences.
During that same year, the entertainer stated that he would seek no further appeals, while the US Attorney’s Office announced it would be dismissing a firearms charge against the singer.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Armed Men Wearing Masks Storm Police Station in Clarendon - April 23, 2017
- Blake Upset After Men’s 4×100 Mishap at World Relays - April 23, 2017
- Soldier Suspected of Killing His Father Arrested - April 23, 2017
- Canadian Company Gets Licences to Mine For Gold, Copper in St Catherine - April 22, 2017
- Reggae Boyz to Face Peru in Friendly International - April 22, 2017
- Sports Minister Saddened by Passing of Germaine Mason - April 21, 2017
- 4 Life Sentences For Momymusk Killer - April 21, 2017
- Jamaica Records Highest Easter Weekend Road Fatalities Since 2008 – NRSC - April 20, 2017
- 30 Medals for Jamaica at Carifta Swimming Championships - April 20, 2017
- BREAKING: Jamaican High Jumper Germaine Mason Dies in Motorcycle Crash - April 20, 2017