Buju Banton to Get Early Release From Prison
Buju to Leave Prison Next Year!
According to United States prison records, the currently incarcerated reggae singer Buju Banton is scheduled to be released from prison on December 8, 2018.
The entertainer was previously slated to be released in 2019 after receiving a 10-year mandatory sentence in 2009 on cocaine charges.
He is being held at McRae Correctional Facility in the US state of Georgia.
In 2015 the United States Justice Department revealed that it would be granting approximately 6,600 inmates an early release from prison in an attempt to minimise overcrowding and provide relief to drug offenders who received harsh sentences.
During that same year, the entertainer stated that he would seek no further appeals, while the US Attorney’s Office announced it would be dismissing a firearms charge against the singer.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018