Buju Banton to Get Early Release From Prison
Buju to Leave Prison Next Year!
According to United States prison records, the currently incarcerated reggae singer Buju Banton is scheduled to be released from prison on December 8, 2018.
The entertainer was previously slated to be released in 2019 after receiving a 10-year mandatory sentence in 2009 on cocaine charges.
He is being held at McRae Correctional Facility in the US state of Georgia.
In 2015 the United States Justice Department revealed that it would be granting approximately 6,600 inmates an early release from prison in an attempt to minimise overcrowding and provide relief to drug offenders who received harsh sentences.
During that same year, the entertainer stated that he would seek no further appeals, while the US Attorney’s Office announced it would be dismissing a firearms charge against the singer.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Toddler Goes Missing In Westmoreland - February 25, 2018
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018