Buju Banton to Get Early Release From Prison
Buju to Leave Prison Next Year!
According to United States prison records, the currently incarcerated reggae singer Buju Banton is scheduled to be released from prison on December 8, 2018.
The entertainer was previously slated to be released in 2019 after receiving a 10-year mandatory sentence in 2009 on cocaine charges.
He is being held at McRae Correctional Facility in the US state of Georgia.
In 2015 the United States Justice Department revealed that it would be granting approximately 6,600 inmates an early release from prison in an attempt to minimise overcrowding and provide relief to drug offenders who received harsh sentences.
During that same year, the entertainer stated that he would seek no further appeals, while the US Attorney’s Office announced it would be dismissing a firearms charge against the singer.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Munga Charged With Murder - May 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson Finishes Third In 200m At Eugene Diamond League - May 28, 2017
- Mother, Son Killed in Hanover - May 27, 2017
- 8 Jamaican Youngsters Receive Medical Scholarships From Cuba - May 27, 2017
- Life Sentences For Jamaican-Born DC Sniper Thrown Out - May 26, 2017
- 23-Yr-Old Man Allegedly Killed By Girlfriend in St Ann - May 26, 2017
- JPS Seeks Electricity Rate Increase - May 26, 2017
- Jamaica’s Love Affair With the Mentally Tough Sport of Football - May 26, 2017
- Elaine Thompson, Dafne Schippers to Clash On Saturday - May 25, 2017
- Jamaican Man Admits to Participating in Lottery Scam Targeting Elderly Victims in the US - May 25, 2017