Buju Banton to Get Early Release From Prison
Buju to Leave Prison Next Year!
According to United States prison records, the currently incarcerated reggae singer Buju Banton is scheduled to be released from prison on December 8, 2018.
The entertainer was previously slated to be released in 2019 after receiving a 10-year mandatory sentence in 2009 on cocaine charges.
He is being held at McRae Correctional Facility in the US state of Georgia.
In 2015 the United States Justice Department revealed that it would be granting approximately 6,600 inmates an early release from prison in an attempt to minimise overcrowding and provide relief to drug offenders who received harsh sentences.
During that same year, the entertainer stated that he would seek no further appeals, while the US Attorney’s Office announced it would be dismissing a firearms charge against the singer.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Armed Robbers Steal ONLY Food From Popular Jamaican Restaurant in Florida - July 23, 2017
- Westmoreland’s Most Wanted Killed By Police - July 22, 2017
- Reggae Boyz Eyeing Spot in Gold Cup Final - July 22, 2017
- Bolt Wins 100m Diamond League Sprint Ahead Of World Championships - July 21, 2017
- High-Powered Weapons, Over 4000 Rounds Ammunition Found At Wharves - July 21, 2017
- Prominent Montego Bay Businessman Shot Dead By Gunman - July 20, 2017
- Gunmen Open Fire On Denham Town Police Station - July 19, 2017
- Bolt, Omar McLeod to Face Off In Monaco - July 19, 2017
- Jamaican Doctor Dies In Cayman After Being Struck By Taxi - July 18, 2017
- Red Stripe Bikers Rollout: Red Stripe Implores Motorcyclists to Drive Responsibly - July 18, 2017