Buju Banton to Get Early Release From Prison
Buju to Leave Prison Next Year!
According to United States prison records, the currently incarcerated reggae singer Buju Banton is scheduled to be released from prison on December 8, 2018.
The entertainer was previously slated to be released in 2019 after receiving a 10-year mandatory sentence in 2009 on cocaine charges.
He is being held at McRae Correctional Facility in the US state of Georgia.
In 2015 the United States Justice Department revealed that it would be granting approximately 6,600 inmates an early release from prison in an attempt to minimise overcrowding and provide relief to drug offenders who received harsh sentences.
During that same year, the entertainer stated that he would seek no further appeals, while the US Attorney’s Office announced it would be dismissing a firearms charge against the singer.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017