Bolt Named ‘Champion of Champions’ by French Newspaper – L’Equipe.
Bolt is Champion of Champions!
Usain Bolt has received yet another enviable designation after being named ‘Champion of Champions’ for the year 2016 by editors of the French sports daily newspaper L’Equipe.
This marks the fifth time that the 9-time-Olympic gold medallist has received the coveted distinction having been awarded the title for the years 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2015.
At the Rio Olympics, held earlier this year, Bolt became the first person in history to complete the ‘triple-triple’, after winning 3 gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4x100m events.
Bolt had won gold in all 3 events at the two previous Olympic Games held in London in 2012 and Beijing in 2008.
On Friday (December 2), Bolt was also named IAAF World Athlete of the Year at the IAAF Athletics Awards hosted at the Fairmont Hotel in Monaco.
Bolt now boasts six IAAF Athlete of the Year awards for the years 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2016.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017