Bolt Named ‘Champion of Champions’ by French Newspaper – L’Equipe.
Bolt is Champion of Champions!
Usain Bolt has received yet another enviable designation after being named ‘Champion of Champions’ for the year 2016 by editors of the French sports daily newspaper L’Equipe.
This marks the fifth time that the 9-time-Olympic gold medallist has received the coveted distinction having been awarded the title for the years 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2015.
At the Rio Olympics, held earlier this year, Bolt became the first person in history to complete the ‘triple-triple’, after winning 3 gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4x100m events.
Bolt had won gold in all 3 events at the two previous Olympic Games held in London in 2012 and Beijing in 2008.
On Friday (December 2), Bolt was also named IAAF World Athlete of the Year at the IAAF Athletics Awards hosted at the Fairmont Hotel in Monaco.
Bolt now boasts six IAAF Athlete of the Year awards for the years 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2016.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017
- Jamaica Soars On Latest FIFA Ranking Following 2nd Place Gold Cup Finish - August 16, 2017
- Returning Residents Robbed By Gunmen Just Minutes After Leaving Airport - August 15, 2017
- Bolt To Finally Play For Manchester United In ‘Legends’ Game Against Barcelona - August 15, 2017
- Just In: South East St Mary MP, Dr Winston Green Dies - August 14, 2017