Bolt Named ‘Champion of Champions’ by French Newspaper – L’Equipe.
Bolt is Champion of Champions!
Usain Bolt has received yet another enviable designation after being named ‘Champion of Champions’ for the year 2016 by editors of the French sports daily newspaper L’Equipe.
This marks the fifth time that the 9-time-Olympic gold medallist has received the coveted distinction having been awarded the title for the years 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2015.
At the Rio Olympics, held earlier this year, Bolt became the first person in history to complete the ‘triple-triple’, after winning 3 gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4x100m events.
Bolt had won gold in all 3 events at the two previous Olympic Games held in London in 2012 and Beijing in 2008.
On Friday (December 2), Bolt was also named IAAF World Athlete of the Year at the IAAF Athletics Awards hosted at the Fairmont Hotel in Monaco.
Bolt now boasts six IAAF Athlete of the Year awards for the years 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2016.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Breaking: Cop Killed on Constant Spring Road - April 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson to Face Schippers Again in May - April 28, 2017
- ‘Bibi’ Writes Touching Tribute to Germaine Mason - April 27, 2017
- Jamaican Cancer Sufferer Reportedly Claims He Was Tied Up and Kicked Off British Airways Flight - April 27, 2017
- Bolt’s World-Record Berlin Runs Named Best in World Championship History - April 27, 2017
- Young Reggae Boyz Defeat El Salvador 3-1 in CONCACAF U-17 Championship - April 27, 2017
- Teenager Allegedly Commits Suicide in St James - April 26, 2017
- Eight Alleged Scammers Extradited to the United States - April 26, 2017
- US May Soon Impose Tax on Remittances to Jamaica, Other Countries in the Region - April 26, 2017
- Damage From Flood Rains to Cost Gov’t Nearly Half a Billion Dollars - April 26, 2017