Bolt Named ‘Champion of Champions’ by French Newspaper – L’Equipe.
Bolt is Champion of Champions!
Usain Bolt has received yet another enviable designation after being named ‘Champion of Champions’ for the year 2016 by editors of the French sports daily newspaper L’Equipe.
This marks the fifth time that the 9-time-Olympic gold medallist has received the coveted distinction having been awarded the title for the years 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2015.
At the Rio Olympics, held earlier this year, Bolt became the first person in history to complete the ‘triple-triple’, after winning 3 gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4x100m events.
Bolt had won gold in all 3 events at the two previous Olympic Games held in London in 2012 and Beijing in 2008.
On Friday (December 2), Bolt was also named IAAF World Athlete of the Year at the IAAF Athletics Awards hosted at the Fairmont Hotel in Monaco.
Bolt now boasts six IAAF Athlete of the Year awards for the years 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2016.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018