Bolt Named ‘Champion of Champions’ by French Newspaper – L’Equipe.
Bolt is Champion of Champions!
Usain Bolt has received yet another enviable designation after being named ‘Champion of Champions’ for the year 2016 by editors of the French sports daily newspaper L’Equipe.
This marks the fifth time that the 9-time-Olympic gold medallist has received the coveted distinction having been awarded the title for the years 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2015.
At the Rio Olympics, held earlier this year, Bolt became the first person in history to complete the ‘triple-triple’, after winning 3 gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4x100m events.
Bolt had won gold in all 3 events at the two previous Olympic Games held in London in 2012 and Beijing in 2008.
On Friday (December 2), Bolt was also named IAAF World Athlete of the Year at the IAAF Athletics Awards hosted at the Fairmont Hotel in Monaco.
Bolt now boasts six IAAF Athlete of the Year awards for the years 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2016.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017
- Little Girl Among Three Shot Dead in Kingston - June 23, 2017