Peter Tosh Museum Opens Today
On the day Peter Tosh would have celebrated his 72nd birthday were he still alive, a museum honouring him opens.
Tosh was born on October 19, 1944 in Westmoreland before moving to Kingston as a teenager.
After settling in Trench Town, he eventually collaborated with the late reggae icon, Bob Marley, and fellow reggae star Bunny ‘Wailer’ Livingston to form the Wailers, which eventually became the biggest reggae band in the world.
He was shot and killed at his home in 1987.
According to petertosh.com:
“When the Peter Tosh Museum officially opens its doors on October 19th, 2016, Jamaicans and visitors from around the world will be able to see a large collection of never-before-seen Tosh memorabilia, as some of the treasures will be displayed to the public for the first time. Visitors will also be able to relive aspects of the non-conformist, futuristic and abundantly creative Tosh experience through sizzling audio and video recordings featuring the superstar, as well as iconic artifacts including his prized M16 guitar and beloved unicycle that became one of his favorite means of transportation. Aside from the wonderful exhibits and art that will be on display, exclusive merchandise will also be available for sale to the public. Your support of the Peter Tosh Museum is most appreciated.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 6 Bedroom Home For Sale In Brown’s Town St Ann - July 21, 2019
- Reggae Boyz Take On Antigua Next Month - February 28, 2018
- Vybz Kartel Reportedly Transferred to Maximum Security Tower Street Prison - November 16, 2016
- Peter Tosh Museum Opens Today - October 19, 2016
- Bolt Returns to The Ellen Show, Talks Marriage, Rio - September 28, 2016
- The Alpha Boys’ School Puts Its Gift Shop Online In An Effort to Raise Funds - June 1, 2016
- “The Zika Virus Will Come to Jamaica” Says Health Minister - December 17, 2015
- Easy Breezy! Fraser-Pryce Comfortably Wins 100m Semi-Final at World Championships - August 24, 2015
- Jamaica has the Samsung Galaxy S5 Fever! - September 12, 2014
- You probably didn’t know this tasty beverage was invented in Jamaica - July 2, 2014