JA Invitational 2013 Kicks Off
Warren Weir was bested by fellow country man Nickel Ashmeade in a time of 20.00s in the men’s 200m race at the Jamaica International Invitational meet at the National Stadium last night.
Warren Weir, the Olympic bronze medalist ran a respectable time of 20.14s while the American Wallace Spearmon clocked 20.32s to take third.
Veronica Campbell-Brown took the women’s 100 metres in 11.01 seconds while Tyson Gay ran the men’s 100 metres in an impressive 9.86s. Nesta Carter (10.03s) was second in the men’s 100m while America Darvis Patton finished third with a time of 10.07.
Kelly-Ann Baptiste (11.06) from Trinidad and Tobago finished second in the women’s race with Jamaica’s Carrie Russell, third in 11.08.
American Ti’Erra Brown took the women’s international 400 metres hurdles as rain forced a late start to the meet before a sparse crowd.
Brown clocked 54.83 seconds to cross the line ahead of Jamaica’s Ristananna Tracey, 55.66. Another American, Tiffany Williams was third in 56.03.
The meet was delayed by 40 minutes due to heavy afternoon showers.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019