100m and 200m record holder Bolt nominated for BBC Award
Jamaica’s track and field superstar Usain Bolt has been nominated for the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of The Year Award .
The double sprint world record holder who defended his 100 and 200 meters titles at the London Olympics, also helped Jamaica’s 4×100 meter men’s relay team to smash their own world record at the 2012 Games.
Bolt the reigning IAAF World Male Athlete of The Year has been nominated alongside other sporting greats including argentine star footballer Lionel Messi, American swimmer Michael Phelps, 800 meters world record holder David Rudisha of Kenya and German Formula One winner Sebastian Vettel.
The former William Knibb Memorial High School sprinter who previously won the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of The Year Award in 2008 and 2009, is a strong favourite to come out on top again this year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Rivals Bolt and Gatlin May Face Off in the Bahamas - April 9, 2015
- Usain Bolt Ranked 16th Greatest Athlete Over the Last 20 Years - April 2, 2015
- American Tourist Allegedly Raped by Cuban Football Players in Jamaica - April 1, 2015
- Young Reggae Boyz Miss World Cup Spot After Heartbreaking Penalty Shootout Defeat - March 16, 2015
- Jamaica Beats the USA 1-0! (Highlights) - March 11, 2015
- Jamaica U-17 Players Injured in Elevator Crash in Honduras - March 1, 2015
- Jamaican Netballer Granted Australian Citizen, Could Represent Diamonds at 2015 Netball World Cup - February 16, 2015
- Legends Unite! – Bolt meets Jordan at Super Bowl 49 - February 2, 2015
- From the Track to the Runway – Asafa Powell Joins Modelling Agency! - January 8, 2015
- Liverpool’s Jamaican-born ace Raheem Sterling earns European Golden Boy award - December 20, 2014