On Tuesday night (May 2) a section of the Westwood High School in Stewart Town, Trelawny was damaged by fire.
The blaze reportedly erupted in the kitchen, subsequently spreading to the dining room and a storeroom which were all consumed by the blaze.
The matron’s quarters and a changing room were also destroyed.
Boarding facilities were not impacted by the fire.
Some students were moved to another section of the compound. There were no reports of injuries.
Three fire units from St. Ann and Trelawny reportedly battled the blaze which was contained early this morning.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]