US Girl Allegedly Poisoned By Beads On Necklace Purchased in Jamaica

According to the CMC, a  woman from Louisiana in the United States says her two year old daughter is recovering from a near fatal poisoning after swallowing beads from a necklace bought from a vendor in Montego Bay.

Samantha Gandy, 29, who was a passenger on cruise ship that docked here last week, said her daughter Audrey apparently swallowed beads from a necklace her grandmother bought during a previous cruise from a vendor at the dock in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

According to Gandy her daughter was drooling and burning with fever and was rushed to a hospital when the ship arrived here on Thursday.

She says tests confirmed the child had been poisoned by a necklace made from the local “John Crow” beads.


via Youtube

Check out a video on “John crow” beads below:

[h/t Jamaica Observer]

Download The Jamaican Blogs™ App for your Android device: HERE

Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected].