Bond Movie Means Islanders On A Mission In Jamaica
Five hundred production jobs created for locals
James Bond, the longest running movie franchise of all time, started filming in Jamaica last week and will employ around 500 locals during production.
The 25th Bond movie, using the idyllic setting of the island, will have islanders involved as both cast and crew with the strong support from the Government of Jamaica – led by the Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Tourism and the Film Commission.
This is the third time that a Bond movie has utilised the picturesque island of Jamaica as the main setting, following in the footsteps of first outing ‘Dr No’ (1962) and ‘Live and Let Die’ (1973).
The premise for this latest offering is that British secret agent Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica.
However, his peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.
The film is being directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga and stars England actor Daniel Craig, who returns for his fifth film as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007.
The 007 production will be based at Pinewood Studios in the UK and on location in Italy, Jamaica, London and Norway.
British author Fleming created the iconic James Bond character in 1952 at his home GoldenEye in Oracabessa, Jamaica. It was there that he penned a dozen novels and two collections of short stories, and the beach at Oracabessa is named James Bond Beach.
GoldenEye is now owned and operated by Island Outpost, founded by Chris Blackwell who formerly owned Island Records and was among the local crew for the inaugural Bond movie ‘Dr No’.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bailey And Morrison Get Nod For Jamaica’s Preliminary Gold Cup Squad - May 22, 2019
- Bond Movie Means Islanders On A Mission In Jamaica - May 2, 2019
- British-Based Players Expected To Break Into Jamaica Gold Cup Squad - May 1, 2019
- Six Of The Best With Jamaican Roots In Mix For International Call-Up - April 28, 2019
- Jamaica To Tackle USA Before Gold Cup Kick-Off - April 26, 2019
- JFF On The Ball With England Trip To Talk To Players - April 25, 2019
- Reggae Boyz Handed Honduras Home Tie In Gold Cup - April 11, 2019
- National Stadium To Host Gold Cup Ties - April 9, 2019
- Struggling QPR Eye Up Former Reggae Boy - April 4, 2019
- Bond Will Be Back In Jamaica - March 31, 2019