Bond Movie Means Islanders On A Mission In Jamaica
Five hundred production jobs created for locals
James Bond, the longest running movie franchise of all time, started filming in Jamaica last week and will employ around 500 locals during production.
The 25th Bond movie, using the idyllic setting of the island, will have islanders involved as both cast and crew with the strong support from the Government of Jamaica – led by the Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Tourism and the Film Commission.
This is the third time that a Bond movie has utilised the picturesque island of Jamaica as the main setting, following in the footsteps of first outing ‘Dr No’ (1962) and ‘Live and Let Die’ (1973).
The premise for this latest offering is that British secret agent Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica.
However, his peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.
The film is being directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga and stars England actor Daniel Craig, who returns for his fifth film as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007.
The 007 production will be based at Pinewood Studios in the UK and on location in Italy, Jamaica, London and Norway.
British author Fleming created the iconic James Bond character in 1952 at his home GoldenEye in Oracabessa, Jamaica. It was there that he penned a dozen novels and two collections of short stories, and the beach at Oracabessa is named James Bond Beach.
GoldenEye is now owned and operated by Island Outpost, founded by Chris Blackwell who formerly owned Island Records and was among the local crew for the inaugural Bond movie ‘Dr No’.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Actress With Jamaican Descent Rumoured To Be Next 007 - July 15, 2019
- Italian Job On Offer For Bailey - July 15, 2019
- Jamaica Wannabe On Brink Of English Premier League Contract - July 13, 2019
- Bolt Steps Into Music Arena With Producer Cousin - July 11, 2019
- Nations League Call-Up Is Goal For Flemmings And Lambert - July 10, 2019
- Jamaica’s Gold Cup Glory Hunt Ends - July 4, 2019
- Morrison Joins Sheffield United On Trial - July 2, 2019
- Morrison Ups His Fitness To Stay On Reggae Boyz’ Radar - July 1, 2019
- Supersub Mattocks Makes Panama Pay The Penalty - June 30, 2019
- Reggae Boyz Hold On Against Courageous Curaçao - June 26, 2019