A star basketball player who is originally from Jamaica died in her sleep at the California University of Pennsylvania in the United States, after choking on chewing gum over the weekend.
College student Shanice Clark, a student of the California University of Pennsylvania, was found unresponsive in her apartment in the early hours of the morning.
She was later taken to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Police revealed they believe the 21-year-old died accidentally after choking on the gum while she slept.
The 6-foot forward, was a star with the university’s Vulcans basketball team, the New York Daily News reported.
A statement posted to the official website of California University of Pennsylvania Athletics Sunday said the university and the athletic department are “deeply saddened” by Clark’s passing.
According to the Toronto Sun, a preliminary report from the attending medical personnel was that the patient aspirated on chewing gum while she was sleeping.
Source: Mirror Online