Possible Minimum Wage Increase for Jamaicans
Jamaica’s minimum wage which currently sits ar $5,000 per 40-hour work week was last increased in September, 2012.
Speaking in Parliament yesterday, Minister of Labour and Social Security Minister, Derrick Kellier stated the Minimum Wage Commission has been asked to carry out the necessary consultations and make recommendations where possible.
A timeline for the completion of the review was not given. Despite this, he said the revision is in keeping with the decent work agenda being promoted by the International Labour Organisation.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Usain Bolt Gets Taken Down By Cameraman on Segway After 200m Victory - August 27, 2015
- Former UWI Guild VP and Girlfriend Perish in St Ann Accident - August 27, 2015
- Gold Again!!! Bolt Defeats Gatlin in 200m Final at World Championships - August 27, 2015
- Elaine Thompson Wins Easily – Again, Faces Speedy Dafne Schippers in Final - August 27, 2015
- Let’s Rise to the Occasion and Support the Reggae Boyz (Video) - August 27, 2015
- Elaine Thompson Wins 200m Heat Effortlessly at World Championships - August 26, 2015
- Past Student of UTech Dies While Playing Football - August 26, 2015
- Bolt Strolls His Way Into 200m Final at World Championships - August 26, 2015
- I Gave Away The Race Away Says Gatlin After Defeat to Bolt - August 25, 2015
- Man’s Tribute to Usain Bolt Goes Viral (Video) - August 25, 2015