Shots Fired! Is this Inappropriate behaviour by these officers?

A controversial video showing two members of the Jamaican Constabulary force ‘roughing up’ an adult male has surfaced online and is being circulated on numerous social media platforms.

We don’t know what instigated the scuffle between the man and the police officers but based on the gestures of the officers it appears they were attempting to detain the man.

In the beginning of the video, one of the police officers grips the man firmly, dispatches his baton and proceeds to hit him several times.

The other police officer briefly joins then scuffle before he removes a firearm from its holster and fires two shots towards the sky.

Several screams of “murder, murder‘  and “a eediat ting dat” are bellowed from the crowd.

Throughout the video the police officers are continuously jeered by the crowd that congregated around them as they wrestled with the man.

Being a police officer is hard; especially in Jamaica but do you think these police officers acted unprofessionally?

Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.

George Bond

considering the baying crowd and the dodgy looking youth around and the fact the man was resisting I thought the police were very restrained in this Jamaican town environment….its considered normal to fire a couple of warning shots under those circumstances……nothing wrong with that vid…x

Gardel West

Just another day in jamaica , stupid people, stupid police , no biggie.

Donald McKenzie

Another embarrassing situation for the police. You beat a man in public and some people have the gall to say the police are restrained. If a police hits me with a baton then trust me the other one had better shoot because someone would die. Just thinking does your pick tell anything about your brain George? just asking?

Donald McKenzie

Well Mr. Bond I have spent some time in your country and I liked the discipline I saw. I never accept wrong no matter who does it. These policemen are very wrong. Indiscipline festers our society and this is displayed daily by most people. Didn’t mean to make you look bad but foreign journalism is very poor when they are observing third world countries.

Donald McKenzie

Witcliff Cunningham

these so called officers must be drunk or having a bad day…why would a real police officer want to beat a grown man as if he is a child that did something wrong?

Witcliff Cunningham

this is very unprofessional its not even regarded as police work i would class it as being bully and ucivilised

Lance Miller

If they had restrained the man why the beating and the shot for, these guy they never learn, surely a idiot thing

Douglas Rodgers

when I saw this video on tv I was amaze by the action of the police, I tell you if I was in that position, there would be one two or three dead or injured person coming from that incident, I was not going to allow the police to be hitting me like that without going for his gun to shoot him…

Winston Ellis

george stop passing judgement on jamaican. u onlyu see a small piece of what jamaican go through. one thing these police not here to protect and serve they here to kill and destroy. one thing let me tell u every poolice station have a rum bar inside or next dor it how will they do their thing professional

Winston Ellis

AmandaloveGod Dixon

I’m a Jamaican n will always be no matted where I am but these police men are murderers some criminals with a legal gun n no respect for human society, intact the majority is inhumane

Neisha Daley

Well usually I don’t comment on these things but I have to. Do you remember the police who beat the taxi man in Mandeville? The taxi man is my brother and this same little under privelege 24 year old piece of crap was transferred to another town and this is the result of him again!!!!! Is this right ? These 2 individuals are big men to this piece of shit and this is the way he is behaving. How come this doesn’t happen with other policemen? Is this 1 above the law? Well we will see. Well this media is… Read more »

Ernest Campbell

For some time now, I feel that the Government who are supposed to be Educated and Civilise people should get the entire Constabulary Force trained in how to Police. Most jamaican police officers don’t have any manners OR they don’t know better. The entire force should be trained in People Management, daily the eyes of the world are looking at us, and what the are seeing is not good. HOPE NO SMART ALEX DON’T MENTION MR USAIN BOLT.

Matthew D. Gabbadon

Well the guy was resisting. Reason would tell you to comply in such situations…

Guenet Sissaye Anderson

I am sorry it look very unprofessional. He does not look like an arrest. You do not hit a man with a baton to arrest him. Even if we assume it is an arrest , the method the police men used is very poor.

Rohan Sheriff Whyte

The law is the police force now? & beating people is the law! is that so Mr Walters?

Moyton Slater

Us Jamaican just Dont respect authority, its just frustration coming out of the police, we as a people are just too indiscipline, in the USA where I live, when a officer tell you to move, you move

Anwar Wright

Is someone choking a woman to the right at the beginning?

Winston Ellis

george how much jamaican police pick up to take to the police station and u hear they dead eeh. what about the pregnant girl they wanted to arrest for using indecent language which every police use to jamaican citizen. she was shot and killed for that . i was arrested and given a court date for court for something i didnt do. i got a lawyer and went to court on that day. my case wasnt even sent to the courts because the officer knew he didnt have a case. i slep one whole night there. after the court i… Read more »

Roy Hollier

I am only sorry that someone didn’t knocked out the officer with the gun and beat the two of them to scorn. same way they discharged the weapon it’s the same way they kill people especially if there were no witnesses. Those cops are cowards and are effective in their line of duty. Minister of education condems corporal punishment against kids yet grown adults are being abused by cops.. dwfl.. Naa mon cops like dem need to be thrown out of the system pon dem ears.. Agriculture more fit them and I meant the hard labour section because it takes… Read more »

Roy Hollier

I meant ineffective

Jermaine Duhaney

yow yow a life true we proo

Junior Lawrence

a some damn ediots the cops know a day not professional just some bag a ediots they take off the roads and put dem in suits

Leroy Wright

I’ve read a few responses, and choose to comment on George Bonds statement, by asking, have you seen what can and has happened to someone when a bullet comes falling from shots fired into the air? I assume you haven’t, or the last part of the foregoing statement would not have been made. Regardless of what happened prior to the filming, the cops should not have beaten him, how easy it would have to cuff him!!

George Bond

Donald McKenzie

Leroy Wright

Neisha Daley

Guenet Sissaye Anderson

AmandaloveGod Dixon

Lance Miller

Witcliff Cunningham

Witcliff Cunningham

Gardel West

Just another day in jamaica , stupid people, stupid police , no biggie.

Roy Hollier

Winston Ellis

Ernest Campbell

Moyton Slater

Winston Ellis

Junior Lawrence

Donald McKenzie

Douglas Rodgers

Matthew D. Gabbadon

Well the guy was resisting. Reason would tell you to comply in such situations…

Rohan Sheriff Whyte

Anwar Wright

Is someone choking a woman to the right at the beginning?

Roy Hollier