Ontario Woman brutally murdered in Jamaica!

The murder rate in Jamaica does not seem as if it intends to decline anytime soon.

According to reports from The Toronto Star:

Shirley Lewis-McFarlane, a 53-year-old Aurora, Ontario, mother of three had only recently moved to Jamaica before meeting her untimely and unfortunate fate.

She was murdered earlier this week at her rental home in Discovery Bay.

Jamaican Constabulary Force Supt. Yvonne Martin Daley confirmed that police were called to Lewis-McFarlane’s home around 4 p.m. on Monday and discovered the woman dead in her bed.

Despite some media reports of Lewis-McFarlane’s throat having been slashed, police have yet to confirm the cause of death.

“The information that I have is that she had bruises to her face so some blunt force was applied,” Martin Daley said.

Shirley Lewis-McFarlane Canadian woman murdered in JamicaLewis-McFarlane’s daughter Amanda Gavigan, 29, told the Toronto Star that the bones in her hands and feet were also broken.

The case is being given “priority attention,” and police have recruited additional help from detectives from Kingston, Jamaica.

Lewis-McFarlane married her second husband, Carl McFarlane, a Jamaican citizen, in 2001. Since then, she travelled back and forth between Canada and Jamaica. Her son Shawn Gavigan, 27, told the Toronto Star that she had finally moved to Jamaica permanently in November.

Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.

Jamaican Highlander

very sad 🙁

Petrina Haughton Hyman

Shame an my beautiful parish,which I love so much

Rosie May

Killing is killing but I think there is more to this story. Married 2001, travelled back and forth, that is 12 years. In the 12th year as she moved she was killed in that manner. That is not an ordnary robbery. Bones in hand and feet broken, something is fishy here. I hope the person is caught. Sometimes killers take a flight kill people and jump on a flight out the next morning. Sometimes old fiancee set up the killing.Whom ever the Culprit is I hope he/she is caught, it can even be more than one. Is how dem dam… Read more »

Charlene Bartley

This will kill tourism…so sad

Olumide Akinwumi

I just read someone’s comment saying it could be her ex who came to Jamaica to kill her… That’s stupid… How about the man she was married to in Jamaica? What if he murdered her so as to claim her life insurance? I wonder what those foreigners see in Jamaica when the citizens are not even living well enough….Well….I hope they learn from this.

Rosie May

Olumide. if you are referring to me. I DI D NOT say her Ex killed Her. I said sometimes these things happen and it is NOT stupid to think that way. Have you ever watched ID channel?. It could be anybody. You said someone made it looked like robbery which could be the case. Do you know how long people carry grudge. She was in Toronto all along, as she came home she was found dead. I could say the husband could have killed her while she was going back and forth if he wanted Insurance Money.. Lots of things… Read more »

Marlene Pinnock-Grey

thats very sad and unfortunate

Tia Maria Remintansteel

There is too much controversial arguments and speculating over the cause of her death that none of us know about. This and other situations make JAMAICA looks really bad and it’s highly upsetting to me. Smdh

Claudia Shields Yap

Very sad indeed and for her family for her to die in such a manner and I know people are making their own assumptions or opinions. The persons that was involved in this ‘so called robbery’ for them to to break her feet etc must have had some sort of hate, if you going to rob, I do not see them breaking a persons bones, very weird indeed, but I hope they catch this or these callous murderers and the truth be told, only god knows what really happen and the reasons behind it.

Rosie May

Claudia Shields Yap

Tia Maria Remintansteel

Rosie May

Marlene Pinnock-Grey

thats very sad and unfortunate

Olumide Akinwumi

Charlene Bartley

This will kill tourism…so sad

Petrina Haughton Hyman

Shame an my beautiful parish,which I love so much

Jamaican Highlander

very sad 🙁

Marlene Hunt

The man just wanted her money. When she moved there it was too much for him. just using her