Suspect named in murder of New York teen and cousin

Jealousy and obsession may have played a big part in the murders of 19-year-old nursing student Franciena Johnson and her cousin Nordia Fearon.

The Clarendon police have named Johnson’s boyfriend, Ricardo Grey, as a person of interest in the murders.

According to a report from the Jamaica Observer:

Relatives of the victims informed the popular newspaper that Grey was “very jealous” of Johnson and that he didn’t want her talking to anyone.

“Franciena had issues with her boyfriend,” said a cousin. “He kept threatening that he’s going to kill her if she leaves.” (Franciena and boyfriend  Ricardo Grey pictured below)

They related instances when Grey allegedly assaulted Johnson, including an incident at a dance they had attended before Johnson migrated to the United States to live with her mother over a year ago.

Franciena Johnson boyfriend Ricardo GreyEmily Johnson, the victim’s grandmother by her father’s side, said that her granddaughter was indeed abused but that she never reported it to the police.

The grandmother said that about two years ago Johnson visited her with a swollen face and refused to say what had happened.

“I said to her, ‘I know that you were fighting or your boyfriend beat you up’, but she didn’t respond,” the elderly Johnson told the Sunday Observer.

She said she told her granddaughter to take Grey to her, which she did. She said she scolded Grey and asked him why he assaulted the person he claimed to love, but he kept his head hung and said nothing.

At the end of it all, Johnson said, she told Grey, “If you find that you and her can’t [get along] leave her out, but don’t put back your hand on her.”

Ironically, Johnson said that when she first met Grey, after hearing that he was in a relationship with her granddaughter, she told him that she didn’t “send her out to look boyfriend” and asked him to “take care of her and don’t ill treat her”. His response, she said, was that he loved her granddaughter.

The woman said she found it strange that Grey had picked up Johnson at the airport when she arrived on the island on Thursday and that no one has seen him in the area since the bodies were found and that he called no one in the family to enquire about what had happened.

A cousin of the teen said that Grey had picked up Johnson and Fearon in May Pen on Friday evening.

But while Grey may not have called any relatives of Johnson, he was actively making postings on his Facebook wall. He didn’t address comments from Johnson’s friends who wanted to know what had happened.

“2day mek 3 years now mi an u a tlk y u affi left mi 2 day crying…,” he said in one post.

“Candy no,” he said in another.

In another set of postings a Facebook friend said she heard that Johnson was killed by her boyfriend.

Another friend told her that “Liston is her boyfriend”.

Grey, who appears on Facebook as Liston Dixon, posted in response, “yes she is mi wife an dem kill r crying…”

The Facebook friend, who said she heard that the boyfriend did the killing, later responded: “I know that’s y I was puzzled.”

A cousin of Johnson’s told the Sunday Observer that she had broken off the relationship with Grey but still had him listed on her Facebook page as her boyfriend.

A funeral service for Johnson is scheduled for Saturday at a location to be announced.

Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.

Audrene Thomas

Sad sad

Tashi Harris

Thts just wow

Byron Wilson

it is so sad ! a few years ago I wrote to the editor and the Jamaican people about capital punishment , and until the government get serious and hang these ruthless animals by their tung and necks PUBLICKLY!!! THESE BARBARIC,ANIMALISTIC,LOW LIFE,MENACE TO SOCIETY WILL FOREVER PREY ON INNOCENT DEFENCELESS CITIZENS.MY HEART GOES TO THE FAMILY OF THOSE DEARLY DEPARTED.I REPEAT HANG THEM HIGH,HIGH,HIGH,OR FOR THAT MATTER STONE THEM OR BURN THEM ALIVE IN WHATEVA SQUARE IS CHOSEN!I AM MADDDD AS HELL!!

Sonia Dennis

Why some man cant tek it o.v.e.r from woman big woman thing Jamaica a sink like Titanic; slowly but surely

Hotmax Solay

This story so reminds me of Britney Mighty who was brutally murdered by her boyfriend, 2014 will be one year…*SMH*

Orville JahStar Peckoo

Condolences to the Johnson’s family and friends… Nothing hides forever… Justice will manifest itself…. Just a pity such innocent lives are taken… Mad as hell!!!!!!

Sugar Plum Deer

Can’t believe it’s Right at my back door

Sugar Plum Deer

I know him I did not know he would have become such heartless and a cold blooded murder it could bin my daughter god not sleeping he is going to pay am sick to my stomach

Leesaan Robertson

So sad

Valerie Angela Lawrence-Lacasse

Very tragic women must wake up be careful who you chose to keep company with, parents need to teach self esteem& self worth there but by the grace of God I could have been!! chidren take your parents advice they often know what they speak of as they have experienced life

Frank Graham

Jungle Justice fe the Bwoy !!!

Alvin Linton

Jamaica is fast becoming unruleable,something has to be done about these punks who go around and terrorize people with impunity.Where did we go wrong,we went wrong from we started having Politicians creating stronghold,I say again every Jamaican Politician knows who are the bad eggs in their communities-people have to demand accountability.

Nicey Shaw

Valerie Angela Lawrence-Lacasse

Hannmarie Stanberry

he is wicked he must put to death

Hannmarie Stanberry

he is wicked he must put to death

Frank Graham

Jungle Justice fe the Bwoy !!!

Frank Graham

Jungle Justice fe the Bwoy !!!

Nicey Shaw