East Signals His Worth To Jamaica
Reggae Boyz’ East starts ball rolling in Costa Rica top flight
Javon East, the Jamaica striker, will be giving national head coach Theodore Whitmore some food for thought after he bagged a brace for Santos de Guaplies in the Costa Rican top-tier last Sunday (28 July).
But the Kingston-born ace was not able to add to his tally when his side fell 2-0 to visiting Guadalupe last night (1 August).
The on-loan Portmore United forward, who signed a one-year deal in June, got his first Costa Rican Primera División goals by scoring either side of the interval in their 4-0 success at Deportivo Saprissa.
Having played an integral part to help steer Jamaica giants Portmore United to two Red Stripe Premier League (RSPL) crowns in the past two campaigns, he made the move to South America for one season.
His brace helped secure Santos de Guaplies’ only triumph in four league encounters but he is hungry to be a hit in new surroundings.
East, the RSPL’s joint top scorer in the Red Stripe Premier League last term with a dozen strikes, has set his personal goal of becoming a regular with Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz.
However, the 24-year-old has failed to be on target in eight appearances for the Boyz, having made his debut against South Korea in Turkey last year.
But should East find his scoring boots in Costa Rica, then no doubt he will be part of Jamaica’s squad that tackle the CONCACAF Nations League next month.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Ricketts Blasts Morgan’s Reggae Boyz Future - August 21, 2019
- Whitmore Gets Defensive Over Reggae Boyz - August 15, 2019
- Shooting Star Nicholson Moves To Belgium Top-Tier - August 14, 2019
- East Signals His Worth To Jamaica - August 2, 2019
- Nicholson Back On Target In Europa League - August 1, 2019
- Jamaica Hitman Nicholson Breaks Europa Cup Duck - July 26, 2019
- Jamaica Climb Slowly Up FIFA Rankings - July 25, 2019
- Duckie Under Fire Ahead Of Tackling Pan-Am Games - July 24, 2019
- Young Reggae Boyz Whimper Out Of Olympic Qualifiers - July 22, 2019
- U23 Reggae Boyz Held In Olympic Qualifier - July 18, 2019