Bolt Steps Into Music Arena With Producer Cousin
Another record for world’s fastest man in his sprint to be a top entrepreneur
Usain Bolt, the Jamaican legendary track and field star, added another record – this time making a foray into the music arena last week.
The retired sprinter, deemed to be the world’s fastest man over 100m, released a record on Friday (Jul 5) as the executive producer.
The 33-year-old teamed up with his cousin Rajah Nelson, an up-and-coming producer, who has worked with dancehall artistes such as Quada and Tommy Lee Sparta.
Following three months of recording, his ‘Olympe Rose Rhythm’ was launched in Kingston last Thursday (Jul 4) alongside the Champagne of the same name that he endorses with leading brand Mumm.
The featured tracks, centred on summer as well as Caribbean lifestyle, have been laid down by top runners in the Jamaican dancehall scene such as Christopher Martin, Dexta Daps, Ding Dong and Munga Honourable.
Bolt, an eight-time Olympic champion, had tried his hand at making a living as a professional footballer with Australian minnows Central Coast Mariners but would have only played a bit part.
Despite being offered a two-year deal with Maltese champions Valletta, which would included the opportunity to compete in the prestigious Champions League, he turned his back on football.
He has since launched the Mumm Olympe Rose Champagne and in European cities has introduced a range of e-scooters with the promise of some e-cars in the near future.
And now Bolt has run some music tracks across his celebrity friends in his homeland, there may be no stopping him from excelling in such a massive market as he continues to tap into his enthusiastic entrepreneur skills at a rapid pace.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Break Into Top 50 In World Cup Bid - September 20, 2019
- Nicholson At The Double As Reggae Boyz Hit Six - September 7, 2019
- Nicholson Hits Sizzler On RCSC Debut - September 1, 2019
- Burke To Tackle Nations League Games - August 30, 2019
- Brits on Reggae Boyz’ Radar For Nations League - August 29, 2019
- Shaw Kicks Off European Pro Debut With A Brace - August 27, 2019
- Burke Back In Business With Boyz - August 27, 2019
- Jamaica Wannabe Morrison Reunites With Pogba - August 25, 2019
- Ricketts Blasts Morgan’s Reggae Boyz Future - August 21, 2019
- Whitmore Gets Defensive Over Reggae Boyz - August 15, 2019