Williams Is Sole Female In Forbes’ Top 100 Highest Paid Athletes
American tennis legend nets £22.9m
Serena Williams, the US tennis superstar, is the only female listed in Forbes magazine’s Top 100 highest paid athletes – repeating the feat she achieved in 2017.
The 23-time Grand Slam winner is a legend on and off the courts with her charity work, which includes building schools in Jamaica.
She recently slipped out of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) top 10 rankings after crashing out of the French Open, but remains a force to be reckoned with.
Veteran Williams, who turned professional as a 14-year-old in 1995, has been listed in 63rd position of Forbes’ latest annual ranking.
She earns a total of £22.9m of which £19m comes from sponsorship. Although she is the highest ever female earner from WTA prize money with just under £70m.
The US business magazine calculated the athletes’ earnings by adding up their respective prize money, salaries and sponsorship endorsements.
The Top 100, which sees Argentine and Barcelona footballer Lionel Messi in first place with £99.8m, has combined earnings of £3.1bn.
Although Williams is aged 37, there are no signs of her hanging up her racquet and she will be back in London soon aiming to collect her eighth Wimbledon Singles title.
And no doubt will arrive at SW19 in an Aston Martin as Williams has been the Chief Sporting Officer for the British luxury car manufacturer since 2015.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boyz Lack Rhythm In Gold Cup Stalemate - June 22, 2019
- Solaun Scores Jamaica’s First-Ever Goal At Women’s World Cup Finals - June 19, 2019
- Reggae Boyz Edge Past Honduras In Gold Cup Thriller - June 18, 2019
- Jamaica Move Up FIFA World Rankings - June 18, 2019
- Bolt Swift Off The Blocks To Score In Charity Football Match - June 17, 2019
- Italians Give Five-Star Display Against Jamaica - June 15, 2019
- Blake Leads Jamaica’s Bid For Gold Cup Glory - June 14, 2019
- E-Mobility Is No Problem For Bolt - June 12, 2019
- Williams Is Sole Female In Forbes’ Top 100 Highest Paid Athletes - June 12, 2019
- Reggae Boyz’ Bailey High On Chelsea’s Wanted List - June 10, 2019