Reggae Boyz Drawn In Group C Of CONCACAF Nations League
Jamaica to tackle Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba and Guyana
Jamaica will be expected to dominate Group C in their CONCACAF Nations League (CNL) despite their recent dismal displays.
The Reggae Boyz, who recently altered their tactics in order to solely defend and counterattack, failed to score a goal in their past two games and even failed to muster a shot on target.
They were outmaneuvered by hosts El Salvador, beaten 2-0 following a couple of goalkeeping blunders by captain and usually reliable goalkeeper Andre Blake in their final CNL qualifier.
Then followed up that poor performance with a 1-0 friendly reversal at the hands of Costa Rica to leave Jamaica head coach Theodore Whitmore perplexed by such abject displays.
As a result the Boyz scraped into this summer’s Gold Cup finals and have been placed into Group C of the inaugural CNL.
Long-term rivals Antigua & Barbuda, the Benna Boyz whose form has dramatically deteriorated over the past 18 months, appear to be the Boyz only threat in the group.
Minnows Aruba and Guyana join Jamaica and Antigua & Barbuda in the group with only the top team in the league format progressing in the new competition.
Whitmore’s tactics and personnel in Jamaica’s recent matches have been heavily criticised as there appears to be no firepower.
So the head coach will be expected to rethink both his tactics and squad members ahead of the prestigious and highly lucrative Gold Cup, to be played in North America and Costa Rica before the Boyz tackle the CNL, where progress is deemed imperative if Jamaica are going to be a force to be reckoned with.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boyz Handed Honduras Home Tie In Gold Cup - April 11, 2019
- National Stadium To Host Gold Cup Ties - April 9, 2019
- Struggling QPR Eye Up Former Reggae Boy - April 4, 2019
- Bond Will Be Back In Jamaica - March 31, 2019
- Reggae Boyz Drawn In Group C Of CONCACAF Nations League - March 30, 2019
- Much-Changed Reggae Boyz Narrowly Beaten In Costa Rica - March 27, 2019
- Jamaican Schoolboys To Tackle Stoke City Academy - March 26, 2019
- Top 10 Hit For Jamaica To Bag Gold Cup Berth - March 25, 2019
- Nations League Progress In Balance After Reggae Boyz Reversal In El Salvador - March 24, 2019
- Wes Morgan Pens Deal To Stay At Leicester City - March 22, 2019