Bustling Bailey’s Back On Scoresheet
Jamaican ace’s goal is Europa League place
Leon Bailey, the Jamaican-born winger, snatched his third goal in five games to help Bayer Leverkusen pick up maximum points at the expense of Freiburg on Saturday.
Having failed to score in 16 German league matches on the bounce, Bailey has recently hit a purple patch in the Bundesliga and as a result helped the hosts score a 2-0 success.
Bailey has truly flourished since the change of head coach in January, initially grabbing a brace in mid-season friendlies against Dutch minnows.
But now he is showing glimpses of his brilliance with a real swagger, and helped guide Leverkusen into sixth spot in the table with the team’s goal to earn a Europa League slot again.
Chile’s Charles Aranguiz put Leverkusen into a 4th-minute lead, their quickest goal this season, against the mid-table visitors.
And Bailey wrapped up the contest on 73 minutes, after he touched home Julian Brandt’s cross. The victory saw Leverkusen bag at least two goals in half-a-dozen Bundesliga games on the trot for the first time in almost three years.
And with Bailey back in form then Leverkusen are ready to continue their free-flowing play under head coach Peter Bosz, who has been rewarded for unleashing the 21-year-old ace down the wing to cause opponents a real headache.
Bailey, who has yet to commit to making his senior debut for Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz, is a wanted man for international duty but at the moment he is being patient and weighing up his long-term options.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Whitmore Gets Defensive Over Reggae Boyz - August 15, 2019
- Shooting Star Nicholson Moves To Belgium Top-Tier - August 14, 2019
- East Signals His Worth To Jamaica - August 2, 2019
- Nicholson Back On Target In Europa League - August 1, 2019
- Jamaica Hitman Nicholson Breaks Europa Cup Duck - July 26, 2019
- Jamaica Climb Slowly Up FIFA Rankings - July 25, 2019
- Duckie Under Fire Ahead Of Tackling Pan-Am Games - July 24, 2019
- Young Reggae Boyz Whimper Out Of Olympic Qualifiers - July 22, 2019
- U23 Reggae Boyz Held In Olympic Qualifier - July 18, 2019
- Morrison Returns To English Premier League With Sheffield United - July 18, 2019