Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition
Jamaican distance runner collapsed while participating in the men’s 3000-metre event at the Millrose Games in New York earlier this month.
However doctors have still not been able to provide a diagnosis for the athlete.
Via an Instagram post on Sunday, Campbell stated:
“After multiple vials of blood, ECHOs, EKGs, ultrasounds, MRI, CAT scan, PET scan, and heart biopsy. The weeks of testing resulted in no diagnosis for the cause of my heart stopping.
“On Monday I will be putting a ICD in my body (left side of my ribs).
He added: “This device will shock my heart back into rhythm if this is to happen again. I was told that I would have to take a few months off from running. After those months, I could start getting back at it slowly with permission from the cardiologist.”
Campbell is currently being treated at the he New York Presbyterian Columbia Medical Center in the United States.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019