Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition
Jamaican distance runner collapsed while participating in the men’s 3000-metre event at the Millrose Games in New York earlier this month.
However doctors have still not been able to provide a diagnosis for the athlete.
Via an Instagram post on Sunday, Campbell stated:
“After multiple vials of blood, ECHOs, EKGs, ultrasounds, MRI, CAT scan, PET scan, and heart biopsy. The weeks of testing resulted in no diagnosis for the cause of my heart stopping.
“On Monday I will be putting a ICD in my body (left side of my ribs).
He added: “This device will shock my heart back into rhythm if this is to happen again. I was told that I would have to take a few months off from running. After those months, I could start getting back at it slowly with permission from the cardiologist.”
Campbell is currently being treated at the he New York Presbyterian Columbia Medical Center in the United States.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaican Gymnast Danusia Francis Books Spot At Olympic Games - October 10, 2019
- Massive Victory! Jamaica Take Gold In Women’s 4×100 At World Champs - October 6, 2019
- Health Ministry Halts Importation of Zantac - October 3, 2019
- JFF Calls For Women And Families To Come Out In Support Of The Reggae Girlz - September 19, 2019
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019