Bailey’s Blast Ends Personal Goal Drought
Jamaican winger’s wonder strike kicks off his new year full of belief
Leon Bailey’s brilliant 25-yard free-kick for Bayer Leverkusen, in their 3-1 demolition of Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich on Saturday, has got the Jamaican biting at the bit again.
The 21-year-old doubled his season’s tally with his 53rd-minute stinger that blew away the German champions.
Whizzy winger Bailey, monitored by such elite clubs as AS Roma, Chelsea and Real Madrid following last season’s exploits, has suffered a stuttering season so far.
Leon Bailey and Leverkusen came back from 0-1 down to beat Bayern 3-1.
His stunning free kick equalizer got it all started. 🔥 pic.twitter.com/Rm0EgMsr5s
— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) February 2, 2019
But ever since new coach Peter Rosz was installed to take control last month, Bailey has featured in friendlies and started all three league matches.
Having scored just once all season, aside from two strikes during the enforced winter break against Dutch minnows in friendlies, he made the footballing world take note with his wonder goal.
Bailey’s left-footed rocket was perfectly executed, dipping and swerving its way past Sven Ulreich’s right hand.
Even his illustrious opponents were impressed, so took to social media to congratulate the talented youngster.
— FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) February 2, 2019
Bailey, before Bosz came in to replace axed Heiko Herrlich, was potentially considering a change of club as he wasn’t getting minutes on the pitch.
Yet his belief never wanes, and his explosive style of play has helped Leverkusen climb the table despite being substituted in all league games this year.
His incredible strike should kick-start his 2019, and if he can reproduce his recent club displays then no doubt Jamaica will return to see if he has reconsidered making his debut for the senior side with some major tournaments, such as the Gold Cup, on the horizon for Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bailey’s Back On Target In Germany - February 18, 2019
- Morrison Makes Move To Scandinavia - February 16, 2019
- Bailey Seemingly Happy To Play International Waiting Game - February 15, 2019
- Love And Romance Tips From Love Doctor Monti - February 13, 2019
- Morrison On Jamaica’s Wanted List To Tackle El Salvador - February 12, 2019
- Bailey’s Blast Ends Personal Goal Drought - February 3, 2019
- Bolt Launches His Own Brand Of Champagne With Jamaican-Style Taste - January 25, 2019
- Fuller’s Out Of Retirement For One Last Shot - January 24, 2019
- Bolt Sponsors Jamaica’s Special Olympics Team For US$1m - January 23, 2019
- Bolt Hangs Up His Boots As He Reaches Football Finish Line - January 22, 2019