First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019
On Tuesday January 22, 2019, award winning Jamaican visual artist and photographer Maia Chung signed a contract with the Modify Me Art Gallery, the first national gallery representation for the artist, since her art career began in 2016.
The gallery will be exhibiting and selling Maia’s works, for the period of a year between 2019 to 2020.
This is one very important development for any artist, as this twins consistent feedback in a credible art space, with the artist’s works on constant display. And a stable place of purchase for art lovers.
Chung stated she is excited about the important development, which is what artists strive for, as this opportunity for consistent interface of the public with her work, is an important part of her creation process.
The works will be promoted as a part of the alliance.
Chung, has half a dozen pieces at the Modify Me Art gallery, which includes all her nationally award winning works.
Modify Me Art Gallery is located in Jamaica’s second city, Bogue Montego Bay, St. James. Situated at shop number 8, at the ICON mall, the gallery can be contacted by Call/Whatsapp at 1 876 560-2260. The gallery is also on Instagram @modifyme
Headed by Danielle Lee, the gallery team plans to have several exhibitions and events to do their part to stimulate the development of Jamaica’s rich art heritage; for Chung, as well as many of Jamaica’s veteran and emerging new art talent which they currently represent.
As well as having her work on show at Modify Me, Chung’s work is also being exhibited in the United States, at the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) headquarters in Washington DC, as a part of its Sidewalk of the Americas global moving art installation, mounted in 2018.
Ten percent of all Chung’s art sales are donated to Cancer care facilities in Jamaica. Cancer is the number two killer of Jamaicans.
You can follow Chung on IG @maiachung, Twitter @maiachungARTworks and on FACEBOOK as Maia Chung FAn Page.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaican Gymnast Danusia Francis Books Spot At Olympic Games - October 10, 2019
- Massive Victory! Jamaica Take Gold In Women’s 4×100 At World Champs - October 6, 2019
- Health Ministry Halts Importation of Zantac - October 3, 2019
- JFF Calls For Women And Families To Come Out In Support Of The Reggae Girlz - September 19, 2019
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019