US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica
A US-born citizen recently found himself in a rather perplexing situation.
Peter Sean Brown claims he was detained by lawmen and flagged for deportation to Jamaica.
Brown was born in Philadelphia – the largest city in the US state of Pennsylvania and has lived in Florida for the last decade.
The 50-year-old turned himself in at a sheriff’s office after violating probation for a positive marijuana test.
He reportedly told officers at the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office in Florida that he was a U.S. citizen several times, and even offered to show his birth certificate but still ended up on the fast rack to be deported.
Brown who is now suing the local sheriff’s office said in a video released by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU):
“I have been wrongly accused and threatened with deportation from ICE…I am and have always been a citizen of the United States.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019