US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica
A US-born citizen recently found himself in a rather perplexing situation.
Peter Sean Brown claims he was detained by lawmen and flagged for deportation to Jamaica.
Brown was born in Philadelphia – the largest city in the US state of Pennsylvania and has lived in Florida for the last decade.
The 50-year-old turned himself in at a sheriff’s office after violating probation for a positive marijuana test.
He reportedly told officers at the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office in Florida that he was a U.S. citizen several times, and even offered to show his birth certificate but still ended up on the fast rack to be deported.
Brown who is now suing the local sheriff’s office said in a video released by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU):
“I have been wrongly accused and threatened with deportation from ICE…I am and have always been a citizen of the United States.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018