States Of Emergency Set To End
On Tuesday night the Parliamentary Opposition withdrew its support for the three states of emergency (SOE) currently active across the island.
As a result, the SOEs will not be extended when they conclude in January.
All Government members present (33) voted in favour of extending the emergency measure in the Corporate Area, while the 21 Opposition members present voted no on the first resolution.
The 33 Government members present also voted yes to extend the SOE in St James while 20 Opposition members voted no with 10 MPs absent.
The third vote to extend the SOE in the St Catherine North division saw 33 yes votes from the Government with 20 Opposition MPs voting no while 10 MPs were absent.
A two-thirds majority is needed in both Houses of parliament to keep a SOE in force.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019