States Of Emergency Set To End
On Tuesday night the Parliamentary Opposition withdrew its support for the three states of emergency (SOE) currently active across the island.
As a result, the SOEs will not be extended when they conclude in January.
All Government members present (33) voted in favour of extending the emergency measure in the Corporate Area, while the 21 Opposition members present voted no on the first resolution.
The 33 Government members present also voted yes to extend the SOE in St James while 20 Opposition members voted no with 10 MPs absent.
The third vote to extend the SOE in the St Catherine North division saw 33 yes votes from the Government with 20 Opposition MPs voting no while 10 MPs were absent.
A two-thirds majority is needed in both Houses of parliament to keep a SOE in force.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019