Wes Morgan Leads Grieving Leicester To Tribute Win
Ex-Jamaican star helps sign off emotional week in style
Wes Morgan, the former Jamaica international ace, played an emotional match on Saturday as grieving Leicester City narrowly beat hosts Cardiff City in their first game since the tragic loss of owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.
The Thailand tycoon was tragically one of five killed in a helicopter crash in Leicester City’s car park one week earlier.
Demarai Gray’s 55th-minute goal was enough to secure a 1-0 Premier League victory, and gave the squad some joy before their trip to Thailand for Srivaddhanaprabha’s funeral.
Morgan, who skippered Leicester to their fairytale Premier League title triumph in 2015-16 and led the team at the Cardiff City Stadium, said: “You can see by our reaction at the end of the game how much we wanted to get the win and do it for the chairman.
“We were very close to him, we know what his wishes were.
“He used to come down at home games, have a joke and a laugh, always say, “Want win and three points” – and we did that today.
“It has not been an easy week, we had to try to hold our emotions in today and do the best we can.
“We have a very emotional connection with the fans, so we stayed until the end and celebrated victory with them.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt Hangs Up His Boots As He Reaches Football Finish Line - January 22, 2019
- Bailey Back On Target For Bayer Leverkusen - January 16, 2019
- Jamaica Miss Out On Top 50 To Kick-Off 2019 - December 28, 2018
- Benched Bailey To Assess Next Career Move - December 17, 2018
- Jamaican International Williams Wins Medal - December 10, 2018
- Bolt’s Mexico Footballing Dream Demolished - December 3, 2018
- Bolt Back On The Football Pitch – In London - November 29, 2018
- Turkish Top Team Deny Bolt Interest - November 24, 2018
- Bolt On Track To Join Mexican Football Club? - November 22, 2018
- Mattocks On Target As Boyz Beat Suriname - November 19, 2018