The Ball Is In Bolt’s Court
When Jamaica’s eight-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt announced his intention to play football at the highest level, many persons didn’t take him seriously.
The 32-year-old who retired from athletics following last year’s World Championships, has publicly expressed his love of the sport for many years.
And since making his foray into the world of football, Bolt has had stints at top clubs in Germany, South Africa, Norway and is currently on trial with the Central Coast Mariners in Australia’s A-League.
Many fans of the legend continue to salivate at the prospect of Bolt signing with a professional football team. The world’s fastest man is a fast learner and his form on the ball has improved immensely in just a few months.
Bolt has already received a contract offer from the Mariners but he also recently received an offer from Maltese champions Valletta FC.
Sascha Paruk of Sportsbettingdime.com states: “Before he started his trial with the Central Coast Mariners, Usain Bolt had long, 2/1 odds to actually sign a contract with the Australian A-League club. A brace in his first preseason match sounds impressive, but didn’t actually do much to change the forecast for Bolt’s soccer “career.”
His first goal was, admittedly, a quality strike that saw him use his size and speed to good effect.
But the other was a horrendous defensive miscue, and he looked like a fish out of water for much of the 90 minutes. And that was against a motley crew of an opponent.
While the Mariners have offered him a contract, it’s for $150,000, which is 20 times less than the $3M Bolt was seeking.”
Contrastingly, his offer from the cash-rich Dubai-backed Malta club Valletta FC is probably quite lucrative.
Bolt now has a big decision to make, but the ball is entirely in his court.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019