Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs And Foreign Trade recently revealed that the Governments of Jamaica and Russia have signed a reciprocal agreement to waive the visa requirement for travel to their respective countries.
The agreement will allow Jamaicans and Russians to spend up to ninety (90) days per year for tourism, cultural exchange or business purposes.
A post on the Ministry’s website states:
“Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade Senator the Honourable Kamina Johnson Smith signed the agreement with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, His Excellency Sergei Lavrov on Thursday, September 27 in the margins of the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.
According to Johnson Smith, “Both Minister Lavrov and I agreed that the Visa Abolition Agreement will not only facilitate increased people to people exchanges, but will support the growth of tourism. We were both pleased to note in this regard, that new flights commenced this year between Moscow and Montego Bay.”
According to Minister Johnson Smith, the signing of the reciprocal Visa Exemption Agreement, brings parity in terms of ease of travel for nationals from both countries, noting that a 2014 arrangement had allowed entry into Jamaica by Russians, which arrangement had also been clarified by the new Agreement. She noted that it would undoubtedly facilitate increased trade and economic activities between the countries, and allow nationals the opportunity to travel more easily to either country for pleasure.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019
- Leon Bailey Scores In 26 Seconds For Bayer Leverkusen! - August 11, 2019
- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Breaks Pan-Am 200m Record! - August 10, 2019
- Phoenix All Stars Football Academy Creates History In Belgium! - August 8, 2019
- U23 Reggae Boyz Defeat Peru - August 7, 2019
- Bailey On Target For Bayer In Pre-Season Friendly - July 31, 2019
- Artwork By Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Chosen For Honour And Publication In Japan - July 19, 2019
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019