Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs And Foreign Trade recently revealed that the Governments of Jamaica and Russia have signed a reciprocal agreement to waive the visa requirement for travel to their respective countries.
The agreement will allow Jamaicans and Russians to spend up to ninety (90) days per year for tourism, cultural exchange or business purposes.
A post on the Ministry’s website states:
“Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade Senator the Honourable Kamina Johnson Smith signed the agreement with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, His Excellency Sergei Lavrov on Thursday, September 27 in the margins of the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.
According to Johnson Smith, “Both Minister Lavrov and I agreed that the Visa Abolition Agreement will not only facilitate increased people to people exchanges, but will support the growth of tourism. We were both pleased to note in this regard, that new flights commenced this year between Moscow and Montego Bay.”
According to Minister Johnson Smith, the signing of the reciprocal Visa Exemption Agreement, brings parity in terms of ease of travel for nationals from both countries, noting that a 2014 arrangement had allowed entry into Jamaica by Russians, which arrangement had also been clarified by the new Agreement. She noted that it would undoubtedly facilitate increased trade and economic activities between the countries, and allow nationals the opportunity to travel more easily to either country for pleasure.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019