Bolt Football Contract Becomes A Farce
Usain Bolt’s determination to become a professional footballer is becoming a farcial saga, with the latest episode being whether he has been offered a contract by Australian club Central Coast Mariners.
Ricky Simms, his agent Down Under, has made claims that the Jamaican icon has been upgraded from a trialist to being offered a contract.
And according to national newspaper The Australian, the A-League side has tabled an offer to the eight-time Olympic sprint gold medalist.
But Mariners’ coach Mike Mulvey denies the deal and claims he knows nothing about it.
The newspaper stated: “Central Coast Mariners have moved one step closer to signing Usain Bolt, with the A-League club believed to have tabled a played contract to the sprint legend’s management.”
Mariners chief executive Shaun Mielekamp has refused to comment on the report.
But Simms explained: “In response to the media stories, yes, Usain has been offered a contract.
“I do not want to make any further comment at this stage.”
Mulvey, who didn’t involve Bolt for his side’s 1-1 draw with Brisbane Roar that kicked off their A-League season, denied any knowledge of a contract offer.
He fumed: “I do appreciate how important this story is for the rest of the world.
“You have a look at our front line today and you wonder whether he could get into any of those positions, wouldn’t you?
“You’re just talking about speculation, I don’t know anything about what you’re talking about and that’s the honest truth.”
Bolt, who has been on trial with the Mariners since August, has played in just two pre-season friendlies so far but did bag a brace in his last outing earlier this month.
Last week there was global hype over whether Bolt would accept a highly lucrative contract with newly Abu Dhabi-bankrolled Valletta FC in Malta.
He turned down the deal, which would have meant a chance to play in the Champions League next season, but the offer was widely seen as publicity stunt and to force the Mariners to table a deal.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt Hangs Up His Boots As He Reaches Football Finish Line - January 22, 2019
- Bailey Back On Target For Bayer Leverkusen - January 16, 2019
- Jamaica Miss Out On Top 50 To Kick-Off 2019 - December 28, 2018
- Benched Bailey To Assess Next Career Move - December 17, 2018
- Jamaican International Williams Wins Medal - December 10, 2018
- Bolt’s Mexico Footballing Dream Demolished - December 3, 2018
- Bolt Back On The Football Pitch – In London - November 29, 2018
- Turkish Top Team Deny Bolt Interest - November 24, 2018
- Bolt On Track To Join Mexican Football Club? - November 22, 2018
- Mattocks On Target As Boyz Beat Suriname - November 19, 2018