Bolt Football Contract Becomes A Farce
Usain Bolt’s determination to become a professional footballer is becoming a farcial saga, with the latest episode being whether he has been offered a contract by Australian club Central Coast Mariners.
Ricky Simms, his agent Down Under, has made claims that the Jamaican icon has been upgraded from a trialist to being offered a contract.
And according to national newspaper The Australian, the A-League side has tabled an offer to the eight-time Olympic sprint gold medalist.
But Mariners’ coach Mike Mulvey denies the deal and claims he knows nothing about it.
The newspaper stated: “Central Coast Mariners have moved one step closer to signing Usain Bolt, with the A-League club believed to have tabled a played contract to the sprint legend’s management.”
Mariners chief executive Shaun Mielekamp has refused to comment on the report.
But Simms explained: “In response to the media stories, yes, Usain has been offered a contract.
“I do not want to make any further comment at this stage.”
Mulvey, who didn’t involve Bolt for his side’s 1-1 draw with Brisbane Roar that kicked off their A-League season, denied any knowledge of a contract offer.
He fumed: “I do appreciate how important this story is for the rest of the world.
“You have a look at our front line today and you wonder whether he could get into any of those positions, wouldn’t you?
“You’re just talking about speculation, I don’t know anything about what you’re talking about and that’s the honest truth.”
Bolt, who has been on trial with the Mariners since August, has played in just two pre-season friendlies so far but did bag a brace in his last outing earlier this month.
Last week there was global hype over whether Bolt would accept a highly lucrative contract with newly Abu Dhabi-bankrolled Valletta FC in Malta.
He turned down the deal, which would have meant a chance to play in the Champions League next season, but the offer was widely seen as publicity stunt and to force the Mariners to table a deal.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Mattocks On Target As Boyz Beat Suriname - November 19, 2018
- Bolt In Race For Football Dream - November 16, 2018
- Jamaica Hitman Aiming To Fire On All Cylinders - November 15, 2018
- Reggae Boy Kemar Lawrence Recognised Among Elite In MLS - November 14, 2018
- Bolt Bites Back Over Footballing Criticism - November 5, 2018
- Wes Morgan Leads Grieving Leicester To Tribute Win - November 4, 2018
- Bolt’s Journey At Central Coast Mariners Ends - November 2, 2018
- Bolt’s Flirtation With Football In Australia On The Rocks - October 25, 2018
- Bolt’s Football Dream Down Under In Limbo - October 23, 2018
- Bolt Contemplates Pro Football Contract Offer Down Under - October 22, 2018