Alia Atkinson Scares World Record
In a blistering display of technical expertise Jamaica’s swimming superstar Alia Atkinson took down the two Russians in the finals of the 100 Short Course Meters Breaststroke yesterday (Oct. 5, 2018) in the Duna Arena in Budapest, Hungary.
Competing on the second leg of the 2018 FINA World Cup Atkinson established the lead in the first 50 meters and maintained it to finish in a time of 1:02.80 seconds just off the World Record of 1:02.36 seconds which she equaled in Doha, Qatar in 2014 and again in Chartres, France in 2016.
Finishing second was Yuliya Efimova, the gold medalist for the event on the first led of the tour
in a time of 1:03.48 and Vitalina Simonova getting third in 1:04.67 seconds.
Atkinson competes in the 50 SCM today (Oct. 6, 2018) when she will once again renew rivalry with the Russians.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018