Alia Atkinson Scares World Record
In a blistering display of technical expertise Jamaica’s swimming superstar Alia Atkinson took down the two Russians in the finals of the 100 Short Course Meters Breaststroke yesterday (Oct. 5, 2018) in the Duna Arena in Budapest, Hungary.
Competing on the second leg of the 2018 FINA World Cup Atkinson established the lead in the first 50 meters and maintained it to finish in a time of 1:02.80 seconds just off the World Record of 1:02.36 seconds which she equaled in Doha, Qatar in 2014 and again in Chartres, France in 2016.
Finishing second was Yuliya Efimova, the gold medalist for the event on the first led of the tour
in a time of 1:03.48 and Vitalina Simonova getting third in 1:04.67 seconds.
Atkinson competes in the 50 SCM today (Oct. 6, 2018) when she will once again renew rivalry with the Russians.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018