Alia Atkinson Scares World Record
In a blistering display of technical expertise Jamaica’s swimming superstar Alia Atkinson took down the two Russians in the finals of the 100 Short Course Meters Breaststroke yesterday (Oct. 5, 2018) in the Duna Arena in Budapest, Hungary.
Competing on the second leg of the 2018 FINA World Cup Atkinson established the lead in the first 50 meters and maintained it to finish in a time of 1:02.80 seconds just off the World Record of 1:02.36 seconds which she equaled in Doha, Qatar in 2014 and again in Chartres, France in 2016.
Finishing second was Yuliya Efimova, the gold medalist for the event on the first led of the tour
in a time of 1:03.48 and Vitalina Simonova getting third in 1:04.67 seconds.
Atkinson competes in the 50 SCM today (Oct. 6, 2018) when she will once again renew rivalry with the Russians.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019