Alia Atkinson Scares World Record
In a blistering display of technical expertise Jamaica’s swimming superstar Alia Atkinson took down the two Russians in the finals of the 100 Short Course Meters Breaststroke yesterday (Oct. 5, 2018) in the Duna Arena in Budapest, Hungary.
Competing on the second leg of the 2018 FINA World Cup Atkinson established the lead in the first 50 meters and maintained it to finish in a time of 1:02.80 seconds just off the World Record of 1:02.36 seconds which she equaled in Doha, Qatar in 2014 and again in Chartres, France in 2016.
Finishing second was Yuliya Efimova, the gold medalist for the event on the first led of the tour
in a time of 1:03.48 and Vitalina Simonova getting third in 1:04.67 seconds.
Atkinson competes in the 50 SCM today (Oct. 6, 2018) when she will once again renew rivalry with the Russians.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019
- Leon Bailey Scores In 26 Seconds For Bayer Leverkusen! - August 11, 2019
- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Breaks Pan-Am 200m Record! - August 10, 2019
- Phoenix All Stars Football Academy Creates History In Belgium! - August 8, 2019
- U23 Reggae Boyz Defeat Peru - August 7, 2019
- Bailey On Target For Bayer In Pre-Season Friendly - July 31, 2019
- Artwork By Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Chosen For Honour And Publication In Japan - July 19, 2019
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019