Alia Atkinson Scares World Record
In a blistering display of technical expertise Jamaica’s swimming superstar Alia Atkinson took down the two Russians in the finals of the 100 Short Course Meters Breaststroke yesterday (Oct. 5, 2018) in the Duna Arena in Budapest, Hungary.
Competing on the second leg of the 2018 FINA World Cup Atkinson established the lead in the first 50 meters and maintained it to finish in a time of 1:02.80 seconds just off the World Record of 1:02.36 seconds which she equaled in Doha, Qatar in 2014 and again in Chartres, France in 2016.
Finishing second was Yuliya Efimova, the gold medalist for the event on the first led of the tour
in a time of 1:03.48 and Vitalina Simonova getting third in 1:04.67 seconds.
Atkinson competes in the 50 SCM today (Oct. 6, 2018) when she will once again renew rivalry with the Russians.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019