‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community
Owner of the newly founded, Nick’s Seasonings, Nicholas Owen, donated back-to-school supplies recently in his grandfather’s hometown of St. Richard Hall District, Sligoville, St. Catherine.
There’s an old saying that goes, “in order to know where you are going, you must remember where you are coming from.” For 31-year-old, Nicholas Owen, this meant bringing joy to his grandfather’s hometown, by treating the children to school supplies.
Faces glowing with excitement, the children of St. Richard’s Hall, a small district in Sligoville, St.Catherine, queued eagerly to receive their back-to-school supplies. Each child present received a backpack, filled with pencils, crayons, notebooks, and a stationary case.
Sharing on the importance of giving back to the community, Owen said, “I’ve spent most of my childhood summers here in Jamaica, and made some of my greatest memories, being able to give back means a lot. I also see my younger self in all of these children. I hope these school supplies will help to ease some of the back-to-school costs off their parents.”
Grandmother of two, Michelle Russell, in expressing her gratitude, shared, “I appreciate this so much, and it will really help me to get them ready for school in September. My grandkids and I are very grateful.”
Announcing plans for making the donation an annual installment, Owen said, “I am very passionate about education, I think it’s very important that children are fully equipped to learn in school. I definitely plan on following up on this, bigger and bigger each year. I want to give back as much as I can, no matter how small my company is or how big it gets, I will always remember where I’m from.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019