‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community
Owner of the newly founded, Nick’s Seasonings, Nicholas Owen, donated back-to-school supplies recently in his grandfather’s hometown of St. Richard Hall District, Sligoville, St. Catherine.
There’s an old saying that goes, “in order to know where you are going, you must remember where you are coming from.” For 31-year-old, Nicholas Owen, this meant bringing joy to his grandfather’s hometown, by treating the children to school supplies.
Faces glowing with excitement, the children of St. Richard’s Hall, a small district in Sligoville, St.Catherine, queued eagerly to receive their back-to-school supplies. Each child present received a backpack, filled with pencils, crayons, notebooks, and a stationary case.
Sharing on the importance of giving back to the community, Owen said, “I’ve spent most of my childhood summers here in Jamaica, and made some of my greatest memories, being able to give back means a lot. I also see my younger self in all of these children. I hope these school supplies will help to ease some of the back-to-school costs off their parents.”
Grandmother of two, Michelle Russell, in expressing her gratitude, shared, “I appreciate this so much, and it will really help me to get them ready for school in September. My grandkids and I are very grateful.”
Announcing plans for making the donation an annual installment, Owen said, “I am very passionate about education, I think it’s very important that children are fully equipped to learn in school. I definitely plan on following up on this, bigger and bigger each year. I want to give back as much as I can, no matter how small my company is or how big it gets, I will always remember where I’m from.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018