JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston
The Definitive Collection In Kingston Jamaica
A dual exhibition consisting of the works of Jamaican Master Pen and Ink artist Patrick Kitson, as well as 70 of Jamaica’s visual artists who received national awards for their works, from the Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (JCDC)…was officially launched and opened to the public on Sunday August 12 2018.
The launch which was co-ordinated and organised by the Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (JCDC), in tandem with the national Culture Ministry; forms a part of activities constructed to commemorate the 56th year of Jamaica’s independence from colonial rule by the British in 1962.
In addition to Jamaica’s 56 years of Independence, the occasion marked the 55th year anniversary of the JCDC.
The event took place at the Jamaica Conference Center (JCC) in downtown Kingston, Jamaica. The exhibits will be housed there for their duration.
The exhibitions; feature works by u 70 nationally awarded artists…who received awards in various mediums as a part of the JCDC’s annual visual art competition.
Mr. Kitson has a solo exhibition as a part of this year’s commemorative activities. If sold, all the funds will go to The Maia Chung Autism and Disabilities Foundation’s Cancer Outreach program.
The exhibitions are open free to the public and end on August 31 2018.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Stunning Home For Sale In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018
- Fly Jamaica Plane Crash Lands In Guyana - November 9, 2018
- Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Has First Solo Exhibition - November 9, 2018
- Two Reggae Girlz Named In CONCACAF Best Eleven - November 6, 2018
- The Ball Is In Bolt’s Court - October 30, 2018
- Ruffi Delivers At South Florida Event - October 27, 2018
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018