Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month
Police in St Ann are crediting strategic initiatives including interventions and community policing to the welcomed absence of murders in the parish for the entire month of June.
Although no murders were recorded the parish for said duration, there was a rise in shootings.
All other categories of major crime declined, with about thirty fewer incidents, compared to the same period in 2017.
Head of the division, Superintendent Michael Smith, says the victim risk assessment system also helped in cutting down the murder statistics.
Police in St Ann also say they have witnessed an improvement in the behaviour of road users in the parish, primarily taxi operators in major towns.
Police, in recent times have bolstered there presence in areas that are usually prone to congestion.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019
- Leon Bailey Scores In 26 Seconds For Bayer Leverkusen! - August 11, 2019
- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Breaks Pan-Am 200m Record! - August 10, 2019
- Phoenix All Stars Football Academy Creates History In Belgium! - August 8, 2019
- U23 Reggae Boyz Defeat Peru - August 7, 2019
- Bailey On Target For Bayer In Pre-Season Friendly - July 31, 2019
- Artwork By Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Chosen For Honour And Publication In Japan - July 19, 2019
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019