Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week
The appeal trial for Dancehall star Vybz Kartel is to commence on Monday, July 9 in the Court of Appeal in Kingston.
The date for the appeal trial was initially set for February 19 but was rescheduled after his legal team requested more time to prepare for the case.
Four years have already elapsed since the entertainer began his wait to present his case in front of the appeal court judges.
In 2014, Kartel was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of his associate Clive “Lizard” Williams.
Reports indicate that all is in order ahead of the big day, as the legal groundwork has been finalised and positioning on the matter between the prosecution and the defence has been established.
Three other men were convicted for Williams’ murder in March 2014, and were each given life sentences, with the recommended time-frames before eligibility for parole running up to 35 years in the case of Kartel.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019