Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week
The appeal trial for Dancehall star Vybz Kartel is to commence on Monday, July 9 in the Court of Appeal in Kingston.
The date for the appeal trial was initially set for February 19 but was rescheduled after his legal team requested more time to prepare for the case.
Four years have already elapsed since the entertainer began his wait to present his case in front of the appeal court judges.
In 2014, Kartel was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of his associate Clive “Lizard” Williams.
Reports indicate that all is in order ahead of the big day, as the legal groundwork has been finalised and positioning on the matter between the prosecution and the defence has been established.
Three other men were convicted for Williams’ murder in March 2014, and were each given life sentences, with the recommended time-frames before eligibility for parole running up to 35 years in the case of Kartel.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Stunning Home For Sale In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018
- Fly Jamaica Plane Crash Lands In Guyana - November 9, 2018
- Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Has First Solo Exhibition - November 9, 2018
- Two Reggae Girlz Named In CONCACAF Best Eleven - November 6, 2018
- The Ball Is In Bolt’s Court - October 30, 2018
- Ruffi Delivers At South Florida Event - October 27, 2018
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018