Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week
The appeal trial for Dancehall star Vybz Kartel is to commence on Monday, July 9 in the Court of Appeal in Kingston.
The date for the appeal trial was initially set for February 19 but was rescheduled after his legal team requested more time to prepare for the case.
Four years have already elapsed since the entertainer began his wait to present his case in front of the appeal court judges.
In 2014, Kartel was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of his associate Clive “Lizard” Williams.
Reports indicate that all is in order ahead of the big day, as the legal groundwork has been finalised and positioning on the matter between the prosecution and the defence has been established.
Three other men were convicted for Williams’ murder in March 2014, and were each given life sentences, with the recommended time-frames before eligibility for parole running up to 35 years in the case of Kartel.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019