Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week
The appeal trial for Dancehall star Vybz Kartel is to commence on Monday, July 9 in the Court of Appeal in Kingston.
The date for the appeal trial was initially set for February 19 but was rescheduled after his legal team requested more time to prepare for the case.
Four years have already elapsed since the entertainer began his wait to present his case in front of the appeal court judges.
In 2014, Kartel was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of his associate Clive “Lizard” Williams.
Reports indicate that all is in order ahead of the big day, as the legal groundwork has been finalised and positioning on the matter between the prosecution and the defence has been established.
Three other men were convicted for Williams’ murder in March 2014, and were each given life sentences, with the recommended time-frames before eligibility for parole running up to 35 years in the case of Kartel.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018
- Pregnant Woman Killed In Vicious Gun Attack In Portland - July 2, 2018