Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week
The appeal trial for Dancehall star Vybz Kartel is to commence on Monday, July 9 in the Court of Appeal in Kingston.
The date for the appeal trial was initially set for February 19 but was rescheduled after his legal team requested more time to prepare for the case.
Four years have already elapsed since the entertainer began his wait to present his case in front of the appeal court judges.
In 2014, Kartel was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of his associate Clive “Lizard” Williams.
Reports indicate that all is in order ahead of the big day, as the legal groundwork has been finalised and positioning on the matter between the prosecution and the defence has been established.
Three other men were convicted for Williams’ murder in March 2014, and were each given life sentences, with the recommended time-frames before eligibility for parole running up to 35 years in the case of Kartel.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018