Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom
Kartel’s Appeal Trial Commences
Incarcerated entertainer Vybz Kartel is possibly one step closer to freedom today after lawyers representing the entertainer were this morning successful in their bid to have fresh pieces of evidence submitted to be considered in the appeals process.
The evidence includes a statement from the main witness which said he and Lizard arrived at the alleged murder scene, and statements given by two jurors regarding an alleged attempted bribery and suggestions that the jury may have been contaminated.
An affidavit written by Vybz Kartel’s co-convict Shawn Storm about him being excluded from in-chambers discussion about alleged bribe was also included.
While speaking with reporters, Bert Samuels who is representing entertainer Shawn Storm said:
“The defense, the appellants are elated today. We got almost everything we wanted by way of fresh evidence as the public may know an accused person may ask the appellate court to put evidence in place that is either new or was left out and we got four applications, four pieces of evidence brought into this appeal.
Vybz Kartel, and Shawn Storm, along with two others were convicted in March 2014 for the murder of Clive “Lizard” Williams.
They are currently serving life sentences.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019