Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners
Jamaica’s triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt is currently slated to commence a six-week trial with Australian A-League side Central Coast Mariners.
The retired sprint king, who maintains a fervent desire to play football professionally has already had trials with Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund and Stromsgodset in Norway.
His trial down under will begin next month and, if he impresses, could very well join the New South Wales club on a season-long loan deal.
The Mariners finished bottom of the A-League last season but recently secured the services of former Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan as their sporting director.
According to Australian outlet The Daily Telegraph, they are believed to be Bolt’s most likely source of a professional deal but several other A-League clubs are interested.
Bolt retired athletics last year following the world championships in London.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018