Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford
Earlier this year Jamaica’s eight-time Olympic Gold medallist Usain Bolt teased that he had signed with a mystery football club.
It was later revealed that the he was actually teasing his participation in a Soccer Aid 2018 charity game.
The game which took place on Sunday at Old Trafford saw England take on a World XI team captained by Usain Bolt.
Donning a jersey with the number 9.58, Bolt showed glimpses of what he may be capable of once he continues to refine his football skills.
The encounter saw both teams score three goals a piece during 90 minutes with England eventually coming out on top after winning a penalty shootout.
But Bolt was denied what would have easily been the best goal of the encounter when he produced a superb left-footed strike that hit off the crossbar and came down just slightly behind the goal line.
Unfortunately, due to the absence of Video Assistant Referee, officials were unable to review Bolt’s shot to award him a much deserved goal for his efforts.
— Marc McInally (@MarcMcInally1) June 10, 2018
The world’s fastest man was able to get his name on the score-sheet during the penalty shootout.
ITV, who broadcasted the event live say that so far £5.5million has been raised for Unicef.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Stunning Home For Sale In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018
- Fly Jamaica Plane Crash Lands In Guyana - November 9, 2018
- Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Has First Solo Exhibition - November 9, 2018
- Two Reggae Girlz Named In CONCACAF Best Eleven - November 6, 2018
- The Ball Is In Bolt’s Court - October 30, 2018
- Ruffi Delivers At South Florida Event - October 27, 2018
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018