Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford
Earlier this year Jamaica’s eight-time Olympic Gold medallist Usain Bolt teased that he had signed with a mystery football club.
It was later revealed that the he was actually teasing his participation in a Soccer Aid 2018 charity game.
The game which took place on Sunday at Old Trafford saw England take on a World XI team captained by Usain Bolt.
Donning a jersey with the number 9.58, Bolt showed glimpses of what he may be capable of once he continues to refine his football skills.
The encounter saw both teams score three goals a piece during 90 minutes with England eventually coming out on top after winning a penalty shootout.
But Bolt was denied what would have easily been the best goal of the encounter when he produced a superb left-footed strike that hit off the crossbar and came down just slightly behind the goal line.
Unfortunately, due to the absence of Video Assistant Referee, officials were unable to review Bolt’s shot to award him a much deserved goal for his efforts.
— Marc McInally (@MarcMcInally1) June 10, 2018
The world’s fastest man was able to get his name on the score-sheet during the penalty shootout.
ITV, who broadcasted the event live say that so far £5.5million has been raised for Unicef.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018