Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford
Earlier this year Jamaica’s eight-time Olympic Gold medallist Usain Bolt teased that he had signed with a mystery football club.
It was later revealed that the he was actually teasing his participation in a Soccer Aid 2018 charity game.
The game which took place on Sunday at Old Trafford saw England take on a World XI team captained by Usain Bolt.
Donning a jersey with the number 9.58, Bolt showed glimpses of what he may be capable of once he continues to refine his football skills.
The encounter saw both teams score three goals a piece during 90 minutes with England eventually coming out on top after winning a penalty shootout.
But Bolt was denied what would have easily been the best goal of the encounter when he produced a superb left-footed strike that hit off the crossbar and came down just slightly behind the goal line.
Unfortunately, due to the absence of Video Assistant Referee, officials were unable to review Bolt’s shot to award him a much deserved goal for his efforts.
— Marc McInally (@MarcMcInally1) June 10, 2018
The world’s fastest man was able to get his name on the score-sheet during the penalty shootout.
ITV, who broadcasted the event live say that so far £5.5million has been raised for Unicef.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018