Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford
Earlier this year Jamaica’s eight-time Olympic Gold medallist Usain Bolt teased that he had signed with a mystery football club.
It was later revealed that the he was actually teasing his participation in a Soccer Aid 2018 charity game.
The game which took place on Sunday at Old Trafford saw England take on a World XI team captained by Usain Bolt.
Donning a jersey with the number 9.58, Bolt showed glimpses of what he may be capable of once he continues to refine his football skills.
The encounter saw both teams score three goals a piece during 90 minutes with England eventually coming out on top after winning a penalty shootout.
But Bolt was denied what would have easily been the best goal of the encounter when he produced a superb left-footed strike that hit off the crossbar and came down just slightly behind the goal line.
Unfortunately, due to the absence of Video Assistant Referee, officials were unable to review Bolt’s shot to award him a much deserved goal for his efforts.
— Marc McInally (@MarcMcInally1) June 10, 2018
The world’s fastest man was able to get his name on the score-sheet during the penalty shootout.
ITV, who broadcasted the event live say that so far £5.5million has been raised for Unicef.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019