Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica
Sports Minister Olivia Grange recently revealed that the long awaited statue of Jamaica’s seven-time world champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is now ready for erection.
The statue is to be erected at the Independence Park Complex, which houses the National Stadium.
A social media post on the minister’s official Facebook page quotes her as saying:
“The statue will be unveiled at the end of this track and field season but in the meantime the maquette will be unveiled by the end of this month.
Shelly-Ann has seen the maquette and is quite pleased with it”.
According to the post, the statue will be erected close to that of Usain Bolt in Statue Park.
The sculpture, which was designed by acclaimed Jamaican sculptor Basil Watson is the second of four statues of national track stars that were commissioned by the Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport under the Jamaica 55 Legacy Programme last year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Elderly Couple Killed In Gruesome Fashion In Portland - June 23, 2018
- Bolt Gets Shooting Advice From Arsenal Legend Robert Pirès - June 22, 2018
- Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival - June 21, 2018
- Curfew For Sections of Annotto Bay, St Mary – JCF - June 20, 2018
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018