Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica
Sports Minister Olivia Grange recently revealed that the long awaited statue of Jamaica’s seven-time world champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is now ready for erection.
The statue is to be erected at the Independence Park Complex, which houses the National Stadium.
A social media post on the minister’s official Facebook page quotes her as saying:
“The statue will be unveiled at the end of this track and field season but in the meantime the maquette will be unveiled by the end of this month.
Shelly-Ann has seen the maquette and is quite pleased with it”.
According to the post, the statue will be erected close to that of Usain Bolt in Statue Park.
The sculpture, which was designed by acclaimed Jamaican sculptor Basil Watson is the second of four statues of national track stars that were commissioned by the Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport under the Jamaica 55 Legacy Programme last year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019