Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica
Sports Minister Olivia Grange recently revealed that the long awaited statue of Jamaica’s seven-time world champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is now ready for erection.
The statue is to be erected at the Independence Park Complex, which houses the National Stadium.
A social media post on the minister’s official Facebook page quotes her as saying:
“The statue will be unveiled at the end of this track and field season but in the meantime the maquette will be unveiled by the end of this month.
Shelly-Ann has seen the maquette and is quite pleased with it”.
According to the post, the statue will be erected close to that of Usain Bolt in Statue Park.
The sculpture, which was designed by acclaimed Jamaican sculptor Basil Watson is the second of four statues of national track stars that were commissioned by the Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport under the Jamaica 55 Legacy Programme last year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019