Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida
A talented rapper, singer and songwriter with Jamaican roots was recently killed in the US state of Florida.
On Monday, 20-year-old Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy was reportedly leaving a motorcycle dealership in Deerfield Beach when he was shot by two assailants in a dark-coloured SUV in an apparent robbery.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, the entertainer who was more popularly known by the moniker XXXTentacion was subsequently pronounced dead at a Fort Lauderdale-area hospital.
Onfroy was born on January 23, 1998 in Plantation, Florida, to Jamaican parents, Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy and Cleopatra Bernard.
He has three siblings with one being half, shared paternally.
Prior to his untimely death, he collaborated with artistes like Miley Cyrus’ sister Noah Cyrus.
His second album ? went to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart in March and his songs had already garnered hundreds of millions of streams on online music platforms such as Spotify.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019