Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida
A talented rapper, singer and songwriter with Jamaican roots was recently killed in the US state of Florida.
On Monday, 20-year-old Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy was reportedly leaving a motorcycle dealership in Deerfield Beach when he was shot by two assailants in a dark-coloured SUV in an apparent robbery.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, the entertainer who was more popularly known by the moniker XXXTentacion was subsequently pronounced dead at a Fort Lauderdale-area hospital.
Onfroy was born on January 23, 1998 in Plantation, Florida, to Jamaican parents, Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy and Cleopatra Bernard.
He has three siblings with one being half, shared paternally.
Prior to his untimely death, he collaborated with artistes like Miley Cyrus’ sister Noah Cyrus.
His second album ? went to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart in March and his songs had already garnered hundreds of millions of streams on online music platforms such as Spotify.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018