Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida
A talented rapper, singer and songwriter with Jamaican roots was recently killed in the US state of Florida.
On Monday, 20-year-old Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy was reportedly leaving a motorcycle dealership in Deerfield Beach when he was shot by two assailants in a dark-coloured SUV in an apparent robbery.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, the entertainer who was more popularly known by the moniker XXXTentacion was subsequently pronounced dead at a Fort Lauderdale-area hospital.
Onfroy was born on January 23, 1998 in Plantation, Florida, to Jamaican parents, Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy and Cleopatra Bernard.
He has three siblings with one being half, shared paternally.
Prior to his untimely death, he collaborated with artistes like Miley Cyrus’ sister Noah Cyrus.
His second album ? went to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart in March and his songs had already garnered hundreds of millions of streams on online music platforms such as Spotify.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018
- Pregnant Woman Killed In Vicious Gun Attack In Portland - July 2, 2018