Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida
A talented rapper, singer and songwriter with Jamaican roots was recently killed in the US state of Florida.
On Monday, 20-year-old Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy was reportedly leaving a motorcycle dealership in Deerfield Beach when he was shot by two assailants in a dark-coloured SUV in an apparent robbery.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, the entertainer who was more popularly known by the moniker XXXTentacion was subsequently pronounced dead at a Fort Lauderdale-area hospital.
Onfroy was born on January 23, 1998 in Plantation, Florida, to Jamaican parents, Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy and Cleopatra Bernard.
He has three siblings with one being half, shared paternally.
Prior to his untimely death, he collaborated with artistes like Miley Cyrus’ sister Noah Cyrus.
His second album ? went to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart in March and his songs had already garnered hundreds of millions of streams on online music platforms such as Spotify.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Home For Sale In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018
- Fly Jamaica Plane Crash Lands In Guyana - November 9, 2018
- Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Has First Solo Exhibition - November 9, 2018
- Two Reggae Girlz Named In CONCACAF Best Eleven - November 6, 2018
- The Ball Is In Bolt’s Court - October 30, 2018
- Ruffi Delivers At South Florida Event - October 27, 2018
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018