Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit!
Prime Minister Andrew Holness is attending the G7 summit in Quebec, Canada.
An invitation was extend to him via Canada’s Prime Minister – Justin Trudeau.
A statement issued by the Office of the Prime Minister earlier this week says Prime Minister Holness has been asked to make a special presentation to the global leaders at the G7 Outreach Session. He will also participate in an exchange with the leaders at the Summit.
The Group of Seven or G7 is a group consisting of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
These countries, with seven of the largest advanced economies in the world, represent more than 62% of the global net wealth ($280 trillion).
The G7 countries also represent 46% of the global gross domestic product (GDP) based on nominal values; and 32% of the global GDP based on purchasing power parity.
The OPM says the historic invitation to Prime Minister Holness makes him the first Jamaican Prime Minister to speak at the Summit with the leaders of the seven most developed countries in the world.
The summit takes place between June 8 and 9.
Prime Minister Holness shared the following video after his arrival in Canada:
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Home For Sale In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018
- Fly Jamaica Plane Crash Lands In Guyana - November 9, 2018
- Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Has First Solo Exhibition - November 9, 2018
- Two Reggae Girlz Named In CONCACAF Best Eleven - November 6, 2018
- The Ball Is In Bolt’s Court - October 30, 2018
- Ruffi Delivers At South Florida Event - October 27, 2018
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018