Murders Down By Nearly 10 Percent – Security Minister
There has been a reduction in the number of murders occurring in Jamaica.
National Security Minister, Dr. Horace Chang, on Friday stated that murders across the island have fallen by close to 10-percent compared to the corresponding period in 2017.
While speaking at a meeting of the Rotary Club of Kingston at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel in New Kingston, he said:
“We’re beginning to feel a little bit better that the figures from the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) have taken on a downward trajectory since….just about the end of March-April.
“As of this week, in terms of the number of homicides which remains the critical index, for the ending – the 18th of June, we are at 9.9 percent less than last year.”
Dr. Chang credited the decline in murders to the States of Emergency and Zones of Special Operations across the island and said long term measures will be implemented to secure the gains made thus far.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019