Murders Down By Nearly 10 Percent – Security Minister
There has been a reduction in the number of murders occurring in Jamaica.
National Security Minister, Dr. Horace Chang, on Friday stated that murders across the island have fallen by close to 10-percent compared to the corresponding period in 2017.
While speaking at a meeting of the Rotary Club of Kingston at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel in New Kingston, he said:
“We’re beginning to feel a little bit better that the figures from the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) have taken on a downward trajectory since….just about the end of March-April.
“As of this week, in terms of the number of homicides which remains the critical index, for the ending – the 18th of June, we are at 9.9 percent less than last year.”
Dr. Chang credited the decline in murders to the States of Emergency and Zones of Special Operations across the island and said long term measures will be implemented to secure the gains made thus far.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018