Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival
Earlier this month, the movie “Sprinter,” which was shot on location in Jamaica and executive produced by Will And Jada Pinkett Smith received three awards at the American Black Film Festival (ABFF) held in Miami, Florida.
The American Black Film Festival, formerly named The Black Movie Awards is an independent film festival that focuses primarily on black film works by Black members of the film industry.
The festival is held annually and features full-length narratives, short films, mobile entertainment and documentaries, all by and/or featuring Black writers, directors, actors, and actresses.
The film was written and directed by Saul Saulter and follows Akeem, a 17-year-old Rastafarian teenager and track athlete. Burdened by an unstable father and an unruly older brother, his goal is to qualify for the national youth team and go to the World Youth Championships in Philadelphia.
There, Akeem hopes reunite with his mother, who’s been living in Philly illegally for 10 years. But once he gets there, he realizes that dream isn’t necessarily shared.
Sprinter won the following awards:
Audience Award – Sprinter
Best Feature – (2018 Jury Award): Sprinter — executive producers Will & Jada Pinkett Smith; Producers Robert Maylor, Clarence Hammond, Jamal Watson
Best Director – (2018 Jury Award): Storm Saulter, Sprinter
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018